Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to purchase a new SWT with e-tec, have it shipped to me in Alaska, and I am wanting to add some of what I think are pretty necessary accessories.

My problem is the dealer won't budge on installation pricing and the three things I am wanting (front bumper, Full Body Skid, and a backup pull starter) are over $600 then another $300 for installation.

I am really going over what I had originally budgeted so I was hoping there was someone in this forum that could tell me how difficult these items would be to install myself?

I really appreciate your guys help.

Thanks

·
7,754 Posts
Skid plate is easy. Bumper is a hobag because the dimples in the panels for drilling DO NOT line up with the threaded mounts behind them, other than that it's pretty easy. I hear the rope starter is tough, MilleyLabradorRider posted last year that a fair bit of gear had to be stripped off to put it on.

Maybe get the pull starter installed and do the bumper and skid plate yourself.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help… Labrador Boy it is funny you are the one that answered as I started to message you personally… I thought you probably had some good input and I think I will take your advise.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts