Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any reports on condition of this crossing ? I know we cross the bridge, not worried about that. How much road running from Rolphton to catch trail on Quebec side? Any report on trail condition going north or east on Quebec side? Thanks.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Just back from Val Dor via Swisha trail was the best I have seen this year followed groomer up on Friday and trail was still great on Saturday. No issue with the three kilometers of road into Swisha from Rolphton lots of snow on the side of the road.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeff. Thanks for the report. Not familiar w the names over there. Which trail is swisha? I was hoping to take 386 up to 63 then west to ville Marie and back down thru kipawa on 43 to cross back over at Rolphton. I have the abitibi temiiscamingue trail map.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Swisha is the Quebec town across the bridge coming from Rolphton. You take the 386 from there to the 63 if going to Val Dor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the clarification Jeff. That's where we are headed. Looking forward to it. Snows been kinda thin so far on our side.

·
Registered
742 Posts
From the second bridge in Swisha where the old ZEC sign in building is located you run the road until the groomed trail 386 that's on your right hand side.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again for the info. Thinking about hauling sleds to Rolphton Thursday. Would like to ride from cottage but not sure about B trail all the way across to pembroke. Sounds good from pem north. Looks like it's going to be really cold this wkend as well. Crazy winter for sure.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Correction after the 386 you take the 83 to Val Dor.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I could never figure out where Swisha was when sledders talked about it. Seeing as it involved Quebec, I never felt compelled to ask about it.

Last July I camped up @ Driftwood PP just north of there & saw the signage. I'm guessing Swisha emerged years ago as a anglicized version of Rapides des Joachims. We drove over to the village & yes the bridge decking is a metal "mesh" similar to the old swing bridge in downtown Huntsville.

Swisha Road.JPG

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts