Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been reading alot of the posts on here, and I've been learning alot from them, but one thing that I would like to ask all Dootalk members to do when they are posting about there mod upgrades is to explain why they did.

For example if I was talking about clutching and changing the pins, explain what affect the pin change would have on your sled, weather you'll get more speed or torque or whatever. Or if your talking about suspension setup, and talking about changing some preloads, explain what your trying to acheive by doing that.

I know for one I would like to know all these things, and setting up and tuning the machine is something I would like to learn lots about, and i'm sure that alot of greener people like me on this site would benefit from information like that. I also want to thank all that are here for the great advice and information that I have come across, keep up the good work everybody.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
SnoGix, perhaps your best take-away from these posts is the fact that it raises more questions. Obviously, you want to know alot about everything which is exactly the way I was two months ago. I went back to my dealer, found someone in there that seems very knowledgable, and picked their brain over the course of many visits. Each visit was a new topic and a good discussion. Also, buy the '04 Skidoo Racing Handbook ($40) which is loaded with good info for guys like us. This will give you a much clearer understanding of everthing from chassis setup to clutching. Then, after you've researced specific topics on dootalk, start a well placed thread on a specific question you have. It'll come together for ya.

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,654 Posts
Ask alot of questions but also you have try things for yourself. Take some notes and see how different things react to the change you've made. What works for one may not for another, alot of variables!
-Grover

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I think i'll try and find the racing handbook, thanks for the info guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts