Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Just noticed that on both of my front shocks, you have the shock itself, the coil overs, and then laying on top of the shock body,is a rubber puck, and i was wondering if they are supposed to be there or have they slid down from top of shock. If they belong up top, are they just glued or how are they held in place. I believe its sorta like a shock damper. Its about 1.5" thick. It slides up & down the shaft of the shock, just wondering if they lay on the shock body or supposed to be up top. Thanx, Jim

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just noticed that on both of my front shocks, you have the shock itself, the coil overs, and then laying on top of the shock body,is a rubber puck, and i was wondering if they are supposed to be there or have they slid down from top of shock. If they belong up top, are they just glued or how are they held in place. I believe its sorta like a shock damper. Its about 1.5" thick. It slides up & down the shaft of the shock, just wondering if they lay on the shock body or supposed to be up top. Thanx, Jim
post a pix
Is it a ice wiper?

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Its a bottom out bumper. So if the shock bottoms out it doesn't hit the eyelet or the internal portion of the shaft hits the bottom of the shock.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats all i wanted to know. Was it supposed to be stationery or not. Thanx 800R Gade X.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts