Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just finishing up my rebuild project with a new tunnel. Started it up tonight and neither the tether or the kill switch will shut it off. I have looked at the wiring and it looks like I have everything together. It's pretty idiot proof with connectors only plugging into the right pair. Any ideas what I missed or plugged in wrong that would disable both the tether and kill switch? Thx

·
Registered
7 Posts
duke1n said:
I am just finishing up my rebuild project with a new tunnel. Started it up tonight and neither the tether or the kill switch will shut it off. I have looked at the wiring and it looks like I have everything together. It's pretty idiot proof with connectors only plugging into the right pair. Any ideas what I missed or plugged in wrong that would disable both the tether and kill switch? Thx
[snapback]695416[/snapback]​
Sounds like a ground wire.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would agree but I think it grounds inside the stator housing which was never removed. I guess that doesn't mean it could not have been dislodged but... I'm just trying to figure out what/how something could be not plugged in or plugged in wrong that would allow everything to work and the sled to run but disable the tether and kill switch.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it figured out. 440 ground down by the stator. 800 doesn't at least mine. I used the stock 440 harness and so somewhere it had been grounded and when I out it together I must have missed it. I really don't remember taking off a ground but anyway... just wired my own ground circuit past the tether and the kill switch and wala. I am so stoked tomorrow will be my first ride since dec 11th when it got totalled. Sounds real nice with the motor work and 16/1 domes. Woohoo!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.