Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Went to drop off my trade and sign the papers on my new 2016 sled. Was planning on picking the new one up tomorrow or Friday since there was a list of stuff I ordered with it. Studs, skid plate, tunnel brace, drop in glove box liner, tank bag, spare belt, ect.. I get there and the salesman says surprise! Good news. Your sled is ready to go. I go look at it and the sled is studded, but that's it! Skid plate, bags, belt and 2 up seat is all stacked next to the sled! I'm like WTF! I expected the skid plate and bracing to be on! Spare belt to be in the holder, 2 up seat put together, glove box liner to be in!!!! You know, like I just spend thousands of dollars! I don't want to go home and have to tear the sled down and work on it for the weekend! I told him that it wasn't moving until it was completed.

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
Darn Vetesniks

You hear both good and bad about them

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Explain to the owner your frustation, he can only be as successful as his customers allow him to be!!!!!

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
I had the best sale with them my first year (2006 600SDI). After that i would call the salesman and he would never call me back. Lost out on allot of new sleds from me(he is no longer there). Annette was awesome in the clothing department (unknown if she is there yet either). I think his name was Troy in the sales portion of the service department and he was good to. They are the one to get you for a "fee" for setup so hope they dont charge extra

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
i had almost the same trouble with donahue last year... only it was picking up my 500ss that had blown up at the same time as my xrs. didnt happen and got boned on it.

i even wrote a letter expressing my frustrations, although i did get a response back from the owner, he missed the whole idea of what the problem really was because his staff didnt listen to what i wanted to do.

you win some- you lose some...

steve

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In my mind it would be ready to ride. Just took me 1 1/2 hours to build the seat back for the 1+1 seat. I'd like to punch that engineer! When the get the sled home tomorrow I will need to put on the seat back brackets on the sled, mount the linq Jerry can brackets and miscellaneous stuff. This crap should have all been done.

·
Registered
21 MXZ XRS 850
3,777 Posts
In my mind it would be ready to ride. Just took me 1 1/2 hours to build the seat back for the 1+1 seat. I'd like to punch that engineer! When the get the sled home tomorrow I will need to put on the seat back brackets on the sled, mount the linq Jerry can brackets and miscellaneous stuff. This crap should have all been done.
sorry buddy but this is pretty small issue. Sounds like all you need to do is communicate with the dealer. They would love to charge you to do all the work.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Without knowing what your deal was - it's kind of hard to judge. I know my dealer wouldn't have taken it upon himself to install everything you got without adding a labor charge - and at regular shop rates it would probably be another 500 bucks. If you got a great deal on the sled & a discount on the accessories - it's a lot to expect them to "throw in" their labor for Free. Not enough margin in the rest to cover it.

And personally - I'd rather do it myself than have some young kid do it...

JMO

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I on the other hand would rather install all that stuff myself as most dealers will charge you to install accessories and I don't trust the monkeys in the back room...
The only problem with doing it yourself, and doing it right, is that you won't get the warranty on the accessory's. Only 90 days. Unfortunately to get the full warranty on accessories, they have to be installed by the monkeys in the back room at time of delivery of the sled.

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
The only problem with doing it yourself, and doing it right, is that you won't get the warranty on the accessory's. Only 90 days. Unfortunately to get the full warranty on accessories, they have to be installed by the monkeys in the back room at time of delivery of the sled.
Which is so weird

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It was all supposed to be in n the deal. Salesman is a moron. Apparently wasn't paying attention when I told him to put it all in the paperwork. Did paperwork first, then looked at sled. Realized he didn't add it all in! I am doing all the rest except I told him they needed to put the skid plate on. I don't want to tear down a new sled when I get it home.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
That is teally up to the dealer in what they tell skidoo if there is an issue. A good dealer should be looking out for their customers...

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
At least they did a little something then....

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
Those 1+1 seats suck. Did one on a rev

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
A little irritated a few of you are referring to mechanics as monkeys. I am a master certified diesel tech and take my work seriously. If you knew half of the training and on the job intelligence it takes to perform advanvanced diagnostics on the engine and the multiplexed computer system I believe you opinion would be different. So appreciate when you have your vehicles fixed!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts