Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I was wondering is, if an sdi has 2500+ miles on it, is it out of the woods? If their are no problems in the beginning, should any arrise in the future? I want to get an x sled some day and my neighbore would like me to get an sdi because he has had good luck with his so far (but he only has about 1100 miles on it). Are sdi's going to be good hi-mileage sleds?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
29,726 Posts
I'm at 3300 miles on my '04 and with the exception of the ring update at 2500 miles it's been 100% trouble free.

You read a lot of hype about SDI troubles, and yes, there are some who have had issues, but by and large these sleds work as advertised. I know I won't be going back to carbs.

·
Registered
98 Posts
6000 km on my 05 600 renegade x. have not fouled a plug - ever, including a 150 km run dragging another sled home through a foot of overflow at -5c.

have run xps semi-synthetic from day one and what passes as 91 octane petrocan gas.

thats it. wouldn't think twice about getting a similar machine.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
MX-Z Man said:
I'm at 3300 miles on my '04 and with the exception of the ring update at 2500 miles it's been 100% trouble free.

You read a lot of hype about SDI troubles, and yes, there are some who have had issues, but by and large these sleds work as advertised. I know I won't be going back to carbs.
[snapback]689737[/snapback]​
Agree!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm just over 8000 miles on a 2004 GSX 600 SDI. New rings at 7000 miles, other than that just a few plugs (maybe 3 or 4 sets). Plug fouling was almost always shortly after me showing off the sled to someone in the garage (a few revs, no real warm up).

Great machine, still running strong.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone........... looks like if they are good from the start, they are good to go.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
8000 miles on my 04 new oil pump at 1800 and rings at 3200.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have 05 600 sdi gade. I have 5,500 miles. Great sled. Had an open in kill switch wiring harness, and a couple plugs early on.. Engine has not been touched, runs excellent. Seems to run better now than when new..

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ADDED QUESTION =

Did they sell more gades then 121's"? Since starting this thread I have been looking to see what I could find. What I have found is mostly gades. I am not sure my riding warrants a gade. Also not many for sale in MI?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I have just over 9000kms on my SDI gade and never had any trouble until now.(lean burned a piston) I think the SDI is the way to go and would not go back to carbs. Also the Renegade is a good trail sled with long track it has a great ride over the rough stuff.....

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nbrenegade said:
I have just over 9000kms on my SDI gade and never had any trouble until now.(lean burned a piston) I think the SDI is the way to go and would not go back to carbs. Also the Renegade is a good trail sled with long track it has a great ride over the rough stuff.....

[snapback]719085[/snapback]​
If they are good runners and blow, this is how I usually hear it going down. Anyone have a thought of what causes it.

p.s. Any good ones for sale??????????????

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sorry, my Gade's not for sale, I'm keepin' this puppy.

I ride in Michigan, and after having this SDI Gade, I won't go back a 121" carbed sled as long as these are available.

I only wish I could switch my 5 working days with my 2 sledding days per week!!

·
Registered
712 Posts
nbrenegade said:

[snapback]719085[/snapback]​
I had about 5800 miles on my 04 and lean burned 2 pistons, one took out a cylinder this past week.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
3600 miles on my 05 Ltd Gade sdi and compression has actually gone up since new,just tested it hot and cold to see which i doo at the end of every season just to see if i need to doo any wrenching in summer.I will never go back to carbs EVER! I have run it on Semi Synthetic from 300 miles and i doo use mostly 91 octane and run isopropyl in every tank fill.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts