Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So many people expect so much, for the price of a permit, but how many stop and consider those people that give so much of their time for the price of your permit???

My Wednesday afternoon ride, was a bit different this week, as I got to join two club members, as they went for a ride, to make sure that all the signage was up to snuff, after the past weekends snowstorm.

But 1st I had to dig my way out to the sled.

Once I got the Atomic Red Tomato and Firecat dug out, it was time to ride out to the designated meeting point. I gassed up and said "Have fun" to one of my friends here in KL, as they were headed for the airport and some fun in the sunny south for the next 10 days. I got out to the spot and nobody was there yet, so I decided to enjoy the view at Rogers Pass.

Finally everyone arrived and it was off to check some signage out. All of a sudden, we come around a corner what do we see but Fearless Fred working away at giving us peanut butter smooth trails. Mike and Joe discussed what he encountered during this rare daylight grooming operation.

After the talk finished up, Fearless Fred, closed the door and go back to work, smoothing out and packing all that snow we recieved.

Thanks Fred

We carried on, and low and behold, so far all signage was fine and we then encounter Dave crossing the tracks, with the demo groomer unit. Mike and Joe talked with Dave for a couple minutes.

We then crossed the tracks, and watched Dave power up that big hill. Just as Joe was pulling away, I looked to my left and watched a Rouyn bound CN freight train rolling down the snow covered tracks. Of course it took me by suprise and I missed a pic of the eastbound freight much to my dismay.

We got to the Quebec border and Dave had it all groomed to perfection, but there was a couple signs to be changed. Here we see Joe removing a sign, that was left from last years border crossing route.

After the signage was done and up to specs, we headed back towards home. The snow still clung to the trees, in spite of the winds, and the sun came out as we neared KL. Soon, everyone was dropping off at their turn offs to head home, and I rounded my way back around the south end of town and stopped for a moment to reflect on the day, as the sun set over KL power.

Without people like Joe and Mike, that take time off work, to make sure that signage is in place, and guys like Fred and Dave that operate the groomers, none of this past time would be possible. So the next time your out and about, remember that its guys and gals like the above mentioned that give of their time, for your enjoyment.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
great tribute BC, keep up the good work.

giving club members and volunteers, the thumbs up, and and attaboy, buy them lunch, beer, or a coffee. it will go along way to thanking them. believe me, it makes a difference. ski

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
skidooboy said:

giving club members and volunteers, the thumbs up, and and attaboy, buy them lunch, beer, or a coffee. it will go along way to thanking them. believe me, it makes a difference. ski
[snapback]707879[/snapback]​
AMEN... brother. AMEN.

·
Princess of Darkness!
1,439 Posts
zdooman said:
skidooboy said:

[snapback]707879[/snapback]​
AMEN... brother. AMEN.
[snapback]708632[/snapback]​
Too all club volunteers.......................................

Keep up the good work!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.