Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a DS 3900 for next fall, finally got a close look at one today at the spring tour. Looks like the same glove box that's on my Expert, assuming my glove box extension will fit? What are y'all using for upgraded front bumpers. The bottom pan looks the same, hoping to put a SkiDoo Cast front bumper on it ? Like the bodywork more than my Summit, side panels have no hinges, the skis are really wide, and the rear skid is pretty alien to anything I've seen before. My only gripe is there's a bit too much red, I'll have to accent it with a few white pieces here and there to make it "different' Other than that... oh yeah :wub:

Reactions: Twistgrip

·
Registered
929 Posts
I just ordered a black skid plate and the upgrade bumper (red) in the accessories. Looks like you can put the adventure front bumper on too. :D

·
Registered
638 Posts
Glove box extension will fit.

Don't think skid plates will fit, the Lynx is narrower. In a pinch, a Doo skid plate can probably be cut down to fit-ish.

(Lynx has a really nice, and decently priced rear skid plate available that protects chaincase and brake, get that one too one if you can).

Front bumper fits from Doo.

Edit:

Rear skid plate DS-models Part # 860202067

Rear skid plate RE Part # 860202303

https://www.brplynx.com/content/dam/global/en/lynx/my22/documents/brochures/Brochure_en/LYNX-MY22-CAT-V-LR-ENEMEA.pdf

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm a little bummed they don't have the extreme skid plate like I put on my MXZ. That one gave all the protect without being wide at the A arms where all the snow/ice builds up. Maybe I'll just get the rear skid plate. I plan to add some black to tone down the red a bit, black skis, black handlebar guards, and black bumpers.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glove box extension will fit.

Don't think skid plates will fit, the Lynx is narrower. In a pinch, a Doo skid plate can probably be cut down to fit-ish.

(Lynx has a really nice, and decently priced rear skid plate available that protects chaincase and brake, get that one too one if you can).

Front bumper fits from Doo.

Edit:

Rear skid plate DS-models Part # 860202067

Rear skid plate RE Part # 860202303

https://www.brplynx.com/content/dam/global/en/lynx/my22/documents/brochures/Brochure_en/LYNX-MY22-CAT-V-LR-ENEMEA.pdf
Thanks !! Good Stuff... will be interesting to see what accessories will be available to us "foreigners" next season. I'm looking at a few white accents, ski loops, probably the spindles, and one or two other small areas. Let's face it, she's a bit too red, definitely a fail on the styling dept. But then again, don't have to worry about plaid kilt material on my seat :roll

·
Registered
638 Posts
I'm a little bummed they don't have the extreme skid plate like I put on my MXZ. That one gave all the protect without being wide at the A arms where all the snow/ice builds up. Maybe I'll just get the rear skid plate. I plan to add some black to tone down the red a bit, black skis, black handlebar guards, and black bumpers.
They have it over here at least.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Many different colors of Lynx Extreme skid plates were available 2018-2021, but all of them are discontinued for 2022. Not sure why, but I guess they are on some kind of cost saving mission...On the other hand, the Ski-Doo Extreme skid plate is a direct fit (for anybody not anal about the Lynx or Ski-Doo logo...). The bottom plate of the bulkhead and the front part of the belly pan are the same no matter Lynx or Ski-Doo.

However, as somebody says above, don't try to interchange the full body skid plates between Ski-Doo and Lynx. The Lynx version is more narrow just in front of the running boards.

I used the full body skid plate in my 2018. Had enough of the completely mahooosive ice build-up and used no skid plate in my 2019,2020 and 2021.

I have only used the stock bumper, so I can't comment on any of the accessory options.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
That’s the 2021 catalogue. I received my 2022 catalogue as a pdf from my dealer, have not checked it it’s actually online.

·
"The Podiatrist"
4,096 Posts
That's the 2021 catalogue. I received my 2022 catalogue as a pdf from my dealer, have not checked it it's actually online.
Does the 2022 catalogue you received have prices in it ?

Update...dealer sent the PDF he had, which does have prices, but none of the clothing is in it. Gotta wait for an update on that I guess.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Yes, we have the same four year warranty as last season.

No matter Lynx or Ski-Doo, no matter turbo or N/A.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
No idea, but the Extreme skid plates are definitely gone from the 2022 accessories catalogue. My dealer tried to order one for my coming 2022 using the part number found in the 2021 accessories catalogue, but it came up as NLA...

Then again, the Ski-Doo Extreme skid plates fit, they are identical apart from the logo right under the bottom.

Just thought it was little bit weird of them to market a sled equipped with accessories being NLA...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts