Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hey all thought i would share what i've been doing this past summer, after my piston blew up and cracked on the mono block last year and a fresh rebuild, i decided that instead of sinking more money into so called enhancements for the sled, i'd put it towards learning more about the sled and how it ticks or at least mine anyways.

Past 2 Years Sled Mods Added (Still In use)

1. K&N filters with pre-filters

2. Timbersled Kit (airbox removed)

3. Frogskinz added for custom cut wholes allowing more airflow

4. BMP Clutch Kit

5. BMP Full Velocity Muffler (currently running stock at time of posting & attached video)

6. Boyesen Reeds

7. Power Wings (for the Reeds)

8. Koso Dual EGT

9. HID Light Kit

10. Fuel Pressure gauge

11. Boondocker kit with support for nos (Not Currently Hooked up)

12. Gas Buddy (cause you can always use more Fuel)

This past Summer Add-ons (Mostly Gauges)

1. Voltage Display Gauge (Shows Voltage for Battery, Accessories Circuit, E-Raves) - See attached Picture Bellow!

2. Air Fuel Gauge

3. Water Temp Gauge

4. Vacuum Pressure Gauge PTO Side

5. Vacuum Pressure Gauge MAG Side

WQdOPZx.png

2feqDbq.jpg

Whats Upcoming?

1. Center Pipe Gauge is already Ordered (suppose to be in by the end of next week)

2. Belt Temperature Gauge

3. If your still reading and have a Gauge idea and or input on something you would be helpful let me know doesn't take much to get me into it lol

From there ill be doing lots of testing at different speeds to try and learn more about the way this baby ticks

Next Years Plans?

As of right now, i'm planing on getting a new track and studs as my 4-5 stud pattern doesn't seem to be enough so its time for a upgrade.

Adding a Nos Kit and possibly the big bore kit

Bellow is a short first test video of the gauges, because watching gauges is so boring i merged both the gauge cam and my liquid image goggle cam to make it a little more enjoyable at least for me lol.

·
Premium Member
27,934 Posts
There appears to be a relationship between vacuum and EGT readings.

Are the EGT readings higher on one side throughout the rpm and load range?

The Aif/Fuel looks all over the place. Unlike carbs the fuel injection system can regulate the AF accurately. While it does take dedicated engineer(s) to construct the fuel and ignition maps to work well, I'm a little puzzled why the AF would be fluctuating so much. Is the airflow being metered correctly and all sensors hooked-up and adjusted correctly? Those are things to keep in mind when trying to achieve the same air/fuel mixture that the engine was intended to run. There were some surprisingly rich and lean moments that I'm not sure I would expect from a PTEK. It looked awfully similar to a turbo carb.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

The Aif/Fuel looks all over the place. Unlike carbs the fuel injection system can regulate the AF accurately. While it does take dedicated engineer(s) to construct the fuel and ignition maps to work well, I'm a little puzzled why the AF would be fluctuating so much. Is the airflow being metered correctly and all sensors hooked-up and adjusted correctly? Those are things to keep in mind when trying to achieve the same air/fuel mixture that the engine was intended to run. There were some surprisingly rich and lean moments that I'm not sure I would expect from a PTEK. It looked awfully similar to a turbo carb.
Due to the fact I don't have a airbox and my air sensor is kinda just hanging there this I'm thinking could be causing the ecu some issues and therefore the a/f kinda all over the map, I'm going to move that sensor down into my k&n filter this is on my todo list and I hope that will level it out.

Ur right the egt and vacuum relationship is noticeable which is kinda neat.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
You should sync your throttlebodies..

I'm jealous... you have 2 more gauges than me. ( just kidding. .hard enough to watch the ones I have)

A/F is always all over the place, especially at lower speeds...two sttoke reversion.

Fuel changes also serm to effect the egts more than the A/F.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You should sync your throttlebodies..

I'm jealous... you have 2 more gauges than me. ( just kidding. .hard enough to watch the ones I have)

A/F is always all over the place, especially at lower speeds...two sttoke reversion.

Fuel changes also serm to effect the egts more than the A/F.
What's your best solution for properly syncing the throttle bodies? I would have thought via vacuum gauges but if I sync at idle at throttle they are off so I have it set for around 100km/h.

Would like any suggestions for getting them 100%

As for the gauges what do u have? I have another one on the way for the center pipe gauge egt.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
I don't have a sloution, but my egts are always very close. Just figured if your vacuum and egts are always different, a sync may help... Maybe not enough difference to matter.

·
Premium Member
27,934 Posts
How does the different sensors affect the air/fuel ratio?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Well since i moved the Air sensor inside of the K&N on the AIR intake, this A/F is now at par and not going all crazy :D - New Season, New Gauges are a coming..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts