·
Banned
7,722 Posts
Wednesday we will know.

Reactions: 6100D

·
Registered
569 Posts
Dang it, you were the only person we were trying to keep the info from. How in the heck did you find out?

·
boost junkie
10,662 Posts
why a 990?...
yes its needed...lol but the bean counters know the 900 makes plenty of power so there is really no need
its still number one in the sxs market and that is all brp cares about nowdays

·
OCD Sledhead
8,598 Posts
My dealer has been saying this for 3 yrs now, and every year at this time a Mach Z thread/rumour pops up. Would it be awesome? YES. Do I think this is the year? NO. Would I buy one? YES.

While it would be so simple for BRP to do this(basically a tune), it makes little sense for them to. BRP does not listen to anyone, as we all know it took them forever to just give the 4 stroke guys decent shocks.

BRP only listens to one thing, that is the beancounters/sales. Right now BRP is worried about one thing, and that is remaining #1 in sled sales. As far as 2 strokes, POO is now selling more then BRP and you can bet the Matryx has them concerned. BRP rushed out their 7.8 gauge to counter the 7s Vr1 GPS gauge, and it was a flop for the most part. If BRP does not counter POO for '22 on the 2s side of things they will likely lose alot of DOO guys IMO.

A Mach would get them very few(new) buyers, Sidewinder owners are a very small crowd in the big scheme of things, and the Mach would need big power to be on parr with a stock Winder, which BRP can do. But iTC is a big problem if you want to get Winder owners. So a Mach IMO makes zero sense. BRP already sells more 4 strokes then anyone else. Its the 2s side where POO has really made strides over the past few yrs, and many DOO guys are liking things over at POO. Sure they still are not as refined as DOOs 850, but they are real close now and in many areas the POO does better. Also the POO 650 is making good power, and so DOO may very well counter with a new 650. Hard to say.

Just my theory, but I see BRP must address POO directly....since the cheap EFI 600 is now in G4 chassie, I see the newest plastics design coming out in ONE MODEL only for '22. It will have to compete and have a real gauge/gps package, along with a good LED headlight, quick remove plastics(tooless) and maybe a flat-land turbo 2s to boot. A modest 15hp increase to 180hp, with little to no weight added due to lighter plastics. Will look similar to the current Turbo from the mountain segment. This would be the only way to grab the attention of a Matryx buyer IMO.

Probably wrong but that is my guess for this Wednesdays reveal.

Dan

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I'm a 4 stroke option away from jumping to polaris anyway. It's unlikely we see anything bigger than the 900t in sxs or snowmobile for a while since it's only been out since 2017.

However, ski doo is really trying to eat into polaris's lead in the sxs world and they have been doing it with HP so far. A 990t would fit both the snow and sxs check boxes while allowing them to keep beating polaris in the sxs HP race.

·
boost junkie
10,662 Posts
that motor belongs in the trash can or

in a atv, same thing

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
My dealer has been saying this for 3 yrs now, and every year at this time a Mach Z thread/rumour pops up. Would it be awesome? YES. Do I think this is the year? NO. Would I buy one? YES.

While it would be so simple for BRP to do this(basically a tune), it makes little sense for them to. BRP does not listen to anyone, as we all know it took them forever to just give the 4 stroke guys decent shocks.

BRP only listens to one thing, that is the beancounters/sales. Right now BRP is worried about one thing, and that is remaining #1 in sled sales. As far as 2 strokes, POO is now selling more then BRP and you can bet the Matryx has them concerned. BRP rushed out their 7.8 gauge to counter the 7s Vr1 GPS gauge, and it was a flop for the most part. If BRP does not counter POO for '22 on the 2s side of things they will likely lose alot of DOO guys IMO.

A Mach would get them very few(new) buyers, Sidewinder owners are a very small crowd in the big scheme of things, and the Mach would need big power to be on parr with a stock Winder, which BRP can do. But iTC is a big problem if you want to get Winder owners. So a Mach IMO makes zero sense. BRP already sells more 4 strokes then anyone else. Its the 2s side where POO has really made strides over the past few yrs, and many DOO guys are liking things over at POO. Sure they still are not as refined as DOOs 850, but they are real close now and in many areas the POO does better. Also the POO 650 is making good power, and so DOO may very well counter with a new 650. Hard to say.

Just my theory, but I see BRP must address POO directly....since the cheap EFI 600 is now in G4 chassie, I see the newest plastics design coming out in ONE MODEL only for '22. It will have to compete and have a real gauge/gps package, along with a good LED headlight, quick remove plastics(tooless) and maybe a flat-land turbo 2s to boot. A modest 15hp increase to 180hp, with little to no weight added due to lighter plastics. Will look similar to the current Turbo from the mountain segment. This would be the only way to grab the attention of a Matryx buyer IMO.

Probably wrong but that is my guess for this Wednesdays reveal.

Dan
There will be a Mach 1 revealed on Wednesday....215hp, new injectors along with a bigger intercooler. Probably gonna msrp close to 20K and more than likely only a spring check.

Reactions: mk3boy and contigo

·
boost junkie
10,662 Posts
the x3 got a new turbo, intercooler, air filter, injectors just to go from 172 to 195

I bet the mach will not even be 195 more like 175hp.... :rofl

215 not a chance

·
Registered
492 Posts
since everyone else has a opinion, i'll throw my guess out there...

IF THEY DOO REALEASE A MACH... it'll have the 900t in it, probly tuned at 175-180hp. It will be a full featured machine with quick adjust & color gauge ... and i hope there is a yellow option

cheers

1 - 20 of 33 Posts