Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to Doo Talk just wanted to see if anyone could help me with a question? I'm looking to install reverse on my 1999 mxz 600 zx chassis. I've done a lot of work to the machine. At this point I would just love to have reverse. I have a lot vested into the sled so I don't want to sell it. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Looks like you are asking can reverse be installed ??

Yes you can, later ZX sleds had electronic reverse, I do not know all the details on switching a older ZX ( like yours) to RER, I believe it involves changing the stator ( if the crank case will accept it ) and a bunch of wire changing.

Or....You can install a mechanical reverse set up from a ZX sled. Its not really a very big job, just need to ensure you have all the parts.

I don`t see a ZX reverse kit on E-bay right now but they doo show up from time to time. There is a couple of "S" chassis kits and a CK-3 chassis kit on there right now for $300.00 to $350.00.

·
2nd Whore in command
102,262 Posts
Yeah Im with 396F/A, I would say mechanical reverse will be the easiest and cheaper route to go for adding reverse to your sled.

To do the RER swap you will need a lot more parts, including a RER secondary clutch, RER MPEM, stator and reverse pickup coil which these motors don't have the provision to bolt the pickup coil to as far as I remember? You may be able to drill and tap it for it though?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts