Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought this sled in August of 2005 in Muskegon mich. from the original owner,its a 800 from Canada and a 99 model,when i got it it had b10es just as owner manual said well the first snow and i ran out of a BOX of ten plugs before i went 100 miles so then i have been told to run b9evs so i bought a box of ten and those got me maybe 200 miles so then i put the h/o coils on and rejet with 40 pilots and 340 then 350 center then 340 now the mag side is way too hot and now no spark in the center cylinder,All iam asking is this triples a fixer up every time you want to ride? I was a racer for Jerry Grows in the 70s and i have never had any problems with my ski doo then the only time i really had a problem was with the free airs after a lake race. So is there any mech. in mich close to Ludington that can fix this thing or do i finally call it quites,Hope this is not to negative but when you want to ride and every time you have to spend 35.00 in plugs for a day its nuts.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I bought this sled in August of 2005 in Muskegon mich. from the original owner,its a 800 from Canada and a 99 model,when i got it it had b10es just as owner manual said well the first snow and i ran out of a BOX of ten plugs before i went 100 miles so then i have been told to run b9evs so i bought a box of ten and those got me maybe 200 miles so then i put the h/o coils on and rejet with 40 pilots and 340 then 350 center then 340 now the mag side is way too hot and now no spark in the center cylinder,All iam asking is this triples a fixer up every time you want to ride? I was a racer for Jerry Grows in the 70s and i have never had any problems with my ski doo then the only time i really had a problem was with the free airs after a lake race. So is there any mech. in mich close to Ludington that can fix this thing or do i finally call it quites,Hope this is not to negative but when you want to ride and every time you have to spend 35.00 in plugs for a day its nuts.
[snapback]747906[/snapback]​
call me monday and I will get you sorted out..Done many of these with great success.
Donny
262-521-2250 ask for me..

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had one and it fouled plugs too; re-jetting fixed mine. Not to mention I ran BR9-EV plugs rather than the 10s that Ski-doo originally put in it. Ran with the stock coils too. The one big change I made was going to VForce reeds. Weak reeds would make the thing foul plugs too.

I am betting that you have a bad coil or a wire on the middle hole; that is why there is no spark there.

One bit of advice on the triple.... if you are going to sit for a few minutes, shut the sled off. Don't let it idle.

My neighbor bought the sled and it now has 5K plus miles on it. Had been trouble free 'til this year when the CDI box fried.
He replaced that and it is working great.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
My neighbor bought the sled and it now has 5K plus miles on it. Had been trouble free 'til this year when the CDI box fried.
[snapback]748263[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I am having nothing but trouble with my 99 mach 1 electrical. This is the last triple i will ever have, i've learned my lesson.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The one I have now is the third Mach Z I have had; the 4th triple (650 Indy before the 'Doo) This one has a bad MPEM but I think that was due to tech error.

I have for the most part had pretty good luck with them. I have an '01 MXZ 800 and it ate its own stator this winter. So electrical problems are not just for triples, my friend.

The MXZ is a blast and is wicked quick, but it just does not have the midrange and top end of the triple.

That is why I have one of each.
The next one will be a REV, I am sure. Probably an 800 Renegade. But that is for next year. Want to keep the wife that I have for a while.

MachDream said:
[snapback]748263[/snapback]​
I am having nothing but trouble with my 99 mach 1 electrical. This is the last triple i will ever have, i've learned my lesson.
[snapback]750417[/snapback]​
[/quote]

·
Registered
672 Posts
I've got 320-310-320, gutted airbox, V-Force reeds, #60 pilots, ( I know, this seem backwards ), and timing adv. 2 deg. Haven't fouled 1 plug in 1100 mi. Before, fouled 12-15 plugs in 500 mi. Mine is '99 Mach-Z also. Also set oil pump to use 1 qt. every 100-120 trail mi., 10-11 mpg. gas. My oil consumption before was 1 gal. to 100-125 miles. Hope this helps or call Donny above as I hear he is very knowlageable.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Rotaxmadman said:
I've got 320-310-320, gutted airbox, V-Force reeds, #60 pilots, ( I know, this seem backwards ), and timing adv. 2 deg. Haven't fouled 1 plug in 1100 mi. Before, fouled 12-15 plugs in 500 mi. Mine is '99 Mach-Z also. Also set oil pump to use 1 qt. every 100-120 trail mi., 10-11 mpg. gas. My oil consumption before was 1 gal. to 100-125 miles. Hope this helps or call Donny above as I hear he is very knowlageable.

[snapback]752250[/snapback]​
You mean 310-320-310 ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
modmachz said:
call me monday and I will get you sorted out..Done many of these with great success.
Donny
262-521-2250 ask for me..
[snapback]748149[/snapback]​
I have a 99 mach z, I stopped to take a 5 min break and the sled started up, rode 30 ft died, started up after 4 pulls, another 30 ft, died no spark, I've been told its the stator, or cdi box, how do you find out without spending all the money?

·
Registered
672 Posts
JonMach-D, don't know for sure. I've had both go out on '94 Mach Z and trial and error. My best guess would be CDI box as these symptoms were the way mine acted but don't want to mislead you. If possible find another '99 or up CK3 tripple and try its CDI box before you buy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rotaxmadman said:
JonMach-D, don't know for sure. I've had both go out on '94 Mach Z and trial and error. My best guess would be CDI box as these symptoms were the way mine acted but don't want to mislead you. If possible find another '99 or up CK3 tripple and try its CDI box before you buy.

[snapback]754873[/snapback]​
Thanks, I'll give it a try,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts