Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
98 skandic wt 500 f/c with a choke setup hard to start , fouls her plug on one side after a short while, very weak spark, what can be the problem ?

any help would be greatly appreciate .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, new to this forum, I have a 98 SWT and had similar issues. Mine would sometimes start with the starter and sometimes not, i had to pull start it to get it to start and no lights. Would not idle very good either. I changed the stator, cdi, and trigger coil and seems to run good now, what exactly it was i dont know, but is running good now. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I would first try removing the recoil and take off the magneto and clean the inside surface. If it's rusty sand it and apply a thin coat of oil to keep the rust down. It will only cost u your time to check. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi thanks for the suggestions , I eventually changed everything in the skandic wt 500, cleaned out the gas , carbarators were cleaned outside coil, stator ,had to take carabartors off again I believe one of her jets was sticking closed , I too did not figure out what the problem was, seems to run on both cylinders now . However she seems sluggish at 50 kms plus , seems to have more spark on one side more then the other ( clutch side has better spark then the pull cord side ) done a compression test and shows 100 pounds per square inch. Is this low ? What else could be the reason ? Any input would be greatly appreciate . Thanks again
This site is a great one , interesting one also .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts