Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 98 machz , couple a months ago i blew the motor due to a bad carb boot , the rod let go on the mag side and sliced the motor into two , well had a new motor put in and every thing is runnin great accept for some times when i start the machine up the D.S.S security light on the dash is on and i can't move the sled , some times when i start the machine it's not on and i'am good to go other times it can take one minute other times it can be five or even ten , i've tried my other teather same thing, this machine has all the updates done any ideas what could be the problem thanx!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey you cant try DESS tether cords from other sleds they are digitally encoded. The tether must be programed to your moduale. If you have the right one try wiggling it or rotating to get a better connection.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MXZX#08 said:
Hey you cant try DESS tether cords from other sleds they are digitally encoded. The tether must be programed to your moduale. If you have the right one try wiggling it or rotating to get a better connection.
[snapback]745801[/snapback]​
I have two DESS tether cords they both worked before the motor blew . the dealer put the new motor in and that's when the problem started. i have tried wiggling and rotating when the machine is running, after a few minutes it will go out but one day it's going to leave me stranded i just know it. i talked to the dealer about it and they think there is some thing wrong with harness under the motor, something to do with a resistor and they will have to pull the motor out , any ideas anyone

1 - 3 of 3 Posts