Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out last night and it suddenly went really soft. Until now the rear would not even compress when I sat on the sled. I'm not a big guy. Now I can push down the rear about 6 inches with almost no effort. Everything looks ok. Sled sat and wasn't riden for 2 years. My question is: Is the rear shock bad? Or is it possible that the suspenion was not working now "broke loose" ??? Any input? Going to Michigan next week and need to fix quick if there's a problem.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
There was an updated rear suspension arm for that year.Maybe yours didn't get it.The original arm was breaking the welds.Take a good look at the suspension arms for any cracks or breaks.My 98 M-1 had the updated one put in,which is heavier walled,and never had a problem.

·
Registered
263 Posts
the shocks don't actually support any weight, i'd check for a broken spring, or if it sat for 2 years with the adjusters cranked up your springs are probably sacked. the front arm was the one with the recall. the new ones had real large diameter tubing. most of them got replaced but yours might have gotten skipped if it sat for a while. especially if it sat for 2 yrs, i'd clean the carbs before trying any long full throttle passes!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.