Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother just bought a very nice
Mach 1 and the headlights and tail light
Stopped working. The switches work and indicate what's selected on the ipc.
Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bulbs were fine and all working yesterday and then nothing today front or rear

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Not trying to insult you...You said were working which seems to indicate they haven't been checked since they quit. Electrical problems are usually dealt with by the process of elimination. Start with the easiest things to check and go from there. You should get an electric diagram for your sled which will give you an idea of what wires should have current and when. Keep in mind the electrical system on these are mostly AC not DC.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The whole point of this website and the threads is to ask others if they have ran into the same or similar issues that may know exactly where to look first instead of having to get an electric diagram and checking everything on the sled.

·
Registered
112 Posts
check to see if the bulbs are blown,if so voltage regulator is more then likely gone.You may want to inspect you're wire connectors also,sleds are getting old,things set outside corrosion sets in,and if i remember right the 98 handle bar switches could be problematic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it figured out. The bulbs were blown. Replaced the voltage regulator and all is good.
Thanks for the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts