Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, quick question, got a 98 Mach 1 700, bought a SC3 rear skid and front shocks outta 02 MXZ, just wondering if the front shocks will fit, they're just adrenaline shocks, noticeably longer(have not measured yet), i saw a machz with foxfloat shocks, so i figured it was possible, i know this is a dumb question, but if it does fit, do i have to ( i am sure that i will have to) adjust the tie rods, sway/roll bar, etc? couldnt pass up the deal plus it should give a lot better ride<cant wait to ride

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Bolt and go item. you can run up to 18 1/4" shocks on the ck3 chassis.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bolt and go item. you can run up to 18 1/4" shocks on the ck3 chassis.
I sent you a message MzI, but i will post here as well< i have an 02 mxz sc-10 3 and was wondering if its going to bolt right in on my 98mach1, i saw that you and others had newer versions of the sc3 and had to modify to fit, if so, is the rear mounting all i have to change or do i have to modify the front mounting as well in the footwells, also wondering why you didn't use the upper idlers? i left you my email and number to further discuss if it is alright with you

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
I mounted my sc3 based on the old style sc3 same as what you have. Just follow the instructions in the thread. You don't need the upper idlers because they were never in the sc3 skid. The center to center is 24". If you still have questions let me know and I can walk you through it on the phone.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mounted my sc3 based on the old style sc3 same as what you have. Just follow the instructions in the thread. You don't need the upper idlers because they were never in the sc3 skid. The center to center is 24". If you still have questions let me know and I can walk you through it on the phone.
Hey MzI,I was just out measuring my sc3, out of sled sitting on floor i have 25"ctc. My question is- whoever had the sled before me used the mounting hole below original(you can see that it was ovaled out) on the rear mount, now measuring from the back of the front tube to the center of the rear bolt was 24 1/2", not a true ctc measure so it is probably 24 3/4" or so, this is also measuring with original sc10 in the sled still, so i was wondering what hole did you line up with on yours, i see three holes on your bracket and then you welded a plate on, i cant tell if you used the top hole and measured 24 1/8 ctc or did you go in between the stock hole locations? I can't send pics on my computer(its messed up right now) bought i can send them via cell phone, i guess so you can better understand what i am trying to explain. My cell# is 313-850-6739

1 - 5 of 5 Posts