Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 98 Grand Touring SE.700..1354 miles on it, Sled ran great last year, Sat all summer went to fire-up this year ran fine 10 mins. shut off and restart, eng started hard, ran on 2 cyls and in an rich mode and had no lighting coil power any where. No headlights, bar heaters, tach nothing.... checked everything no power in any of the 2 fuses from lighting coil. Let engine cool down for 3 hours refire up everything is perfect, lights, tach, heaters.....run 10 mins shut off and restart back again is my problem..I did this 3 more times and every time the same thing.. Any Help on where to look?????? Thanks Howdo43

·
The 02 REVOLUTION
3,892 Posts
Sounds like the lighting coil develops an open in it after it warms up. Check for continuity in the coil cold and after it warms up. Should have a resistance when warm. Repair manually will specify how many ohms. If that's not the problem, maybe it's a bad ground?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.