Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First start on the formula z 670 is 2 primes 2 pulls. I can ride all day but 10 minutes after I shut it off it take 45 minutes to start. Pull plugs sometimes they're wet most they're bone dry. Light cylinders and they burn out fuel for awhile the voom it blows blow out. Replace plugs and get on pull it kind of starts but dies right away. Pull plugs there soaked or dry. Cleaned carbs pump new lines nipple caps. I'm out of ideas. Could it possibly be the rotary reed. Or low spark, low compression. If you have fixed this problem msg me a email or number so I can call for help. Any input will help. Thanks fellow sledders. Pulled carbs off today when it did it and pulled once and started but threw fuel and oil out of carb holes. Is that normal?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
there should never be oil in the carbs. Try and do a leak down test if you know how.And i would suggest cleaning the carbs and checking the fuel float levels and possibly new needles and seats. the 670 can be a bit finicky to start when warm, usually gets a tiny bit flooded but sometimes needs a quick shot of primer.. what all do you know about the sled and how long have you owned it? my old 670 was so bad that i turned the fuel off a few minutes prior to shutting it off because out of no where it would fill the case with gas and almost hydrolock the next time i tried to start it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Owned it for a year from a guy who crate motored it. So he says. Going to take to skidoo today let the expert find the glitch. The last 670 i owned. Ran like a new car every pull was a start no matter how cold or how warm. The oil/gas mix was in airbox. I pulled carbs off and it started up instantly. The lower end of motor was exposed causing fluids to burp or of carb holes. The rotary reed soled stop that from happening right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just residue in box the spray was from sitting fluids in crank. Tanking off and cleaning raves as we speak

1 - 9 of 9 Posts