Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Near or above 135 would be the best number, but 130 is still really good. Just make sure all are within 5% of eachother
We did a compression test tonight and it looks like all cylinders are around 120-122. All very consistent. We were concerned because the sled has been getting pretty warm. Pistons, jugs, everything looked really good. Looks like the headgasket blew out in the middle cylinder. So thats the new project. Any recommendations when tackling this?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Still trying to figure out your even compression with the center head gasket blown.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 98 f3 700 triple i started out with 75 lbs of comp so i did a top end rebuild on it and it didn't help now its like pulling a tank i did use plenty of assembly lube im wondering would not having the carbs on it while I did the test make difference and if so how also are the 700's supposed pull over heavy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Typically these engines are around 1:6-7 compression ratio. With 14.7psi at sea level for atmospheric....
14.7 x 6.5 = ~100psi. Now factor in some heat during compression (ideal gas law pv=rt). guessing 130-140ish psi.
Just make sure the 3 cylinders are within ~5psi of each other. My $.02.

·
Premium Member
30,446 Posts
I have a 98 f3 700 triple i started out with 75 lbs of comp so i did a top end rebuild on it and it didn't help now its like pulling a tank i did use plenty of assembly lube im wondering would not having the carbs on it while I did the test make difference and if so how also are the 700's supposed pull over heavy
They are very difficult to pull over without the clutch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts