Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, as you can see I'm new to these forums. I'm actually new to snowmobiling within the last couple of weeks. So, here's my official introduction...

My name is Nick and I'm from Walker, MI (Grand Rapids area). I'm 26, work with computers, blah, blah...blah. Anyway, on to the snowmobiling part. My brother-in-law and I got a pretty good deal on a couple of Formula III 600 Triples from my boss (98 & 99) and we are both 100% hooked. We've only had them out a couple of times (in the Manistee area if you're familiar with MI) but we have had an absolute blast. These things are a lot faster than I remember them being when I was in middle school. So everyone, it's nice to meet you.

Ok, now on to my question. I noticed while riding the first time at night that the headlights are quite dim and dull. I have read quite a few posts touting the PIAA Yellow halogen lights which I think I'm going to purchase but I haven't been able to locate a clear cut answer as to how to change the darn bulb. If it's like any other ridiculous headlight housing in the world I'm sure it's a pain but can someone give me a quick step-by-step to changing the bulbs on the '98 please?

I appreciate any help you can give.

Nick

PS: You can see the few pictures I've taken of the sleds here. It's just something I threw together.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
335 Posts
Nice looking sleds and welcome.

To change the bulb, just open the hood, unplug the connector from the lamp, remove the rubber boot and remove the bulb retainer clips or locking ring.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ram said:
Nice looking sleds and welcome.

To change the bulb, just open the hood, unplug the connector from the lamp, remove the rubber boot and remove the bulb retainer clips or locking ring.
[snapback]298144[/snapback]​
Thank you.

Oh cool, that sounds easy. I don't need to worry about removing the windshield and gauge cluster as many have mentioned on other models?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
335 Posts
I'm sorry. My bad. I do believe on the FIII you do have to remove the windshield, air filter, and air deflector.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I get out of the manual anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bbryanusmc said:
You should change your windshield though, that thing looks pretty silly!
[snapback]298204[/snapback]​
Sheesh, how's that for a how do ya do!?!?
j/k

Well I never thought of that...what windshield should I get? I didn't realize there were others.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ram said:
I'm sorry. My bad. I do believe on the FIII you do have to remove the windshield, air filter, and air deflector.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I get out of the manual anyway.
[snapback]298224[/snapback]​
Alight cool. I ordered the bulbs last night so we shall see what happens when they come in. I'm excited to see the difference in visibility with the new bulbs...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
795 Posts
welcome to sledding man. you dont have to change the windshield i got a mid hieght on mine and my dad has a low one and i'm always freezing my "edit for bad language" off on his
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ski-dookid69 said:
welcome to sledding man. you dont have to change the windshield i got a mid hieght on mine and my dad has a low one and i'm always freezing my "edit for bad language" off on his
[snapback]299045[/snapback]​
Yeah I don't think it looks bad at all... I have thought before if it was any lower the wind would be deflected directly on my face and chest, that doesn't seem like it would be too comfortable on cold days.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top