Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not having any luck with the project sled. finialy got the jetting good, broke a skirt off the center piston,pulled the wrist pin out of the piston. tore up the cyl, bent the rod, never hurt the head 1 bit. case is still good. going to pull eng out this week, looking for a 925 cyl, maybe someone has a good one out there? chuck walter's built. if possible. i have a brand new dt54s in the box looking too trade toward's some thing good
NORMAN

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
oh boy wow bad luck , your gonna need to have the cyl matched to the others as for porting best to have chuck do it? 780 or 809 crank?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh boy wow bad luck , your gonna need to have the cyl matched to the others as for porting best to have chuck do it? 780 or 809 crank?
Frank, motor is based on a 809 i have a spare 809 prox rod kit, i had for a spare a couple of year's ago. it's for the center/pto side.i just went out to my driver's house ,looked at cyl, the piston stayed 1/2 way up the cyl, rave looked good, still moved in/out just think i need a sleve. the old 02z, was in the trailer, from last sept, JOHN,my 300lb driver, pulled it out, fresh gas, new plug's warmed it up,waited for sled class, went a 10.35, 122.09 after sitting a whole year. boy was JOHN surprised. lost in 2nd round, due to abad lite. .0004 was the diff. can't win with a 6.20 asto a 5.42. NORM

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that sux norm...what causes the skirts to break????
ERIC, i know exactly what happen, so doo some of the other racer's you don't just throw inn a 583 doo piston and expect it too work. you have to cut the corner's of the piston, to clear the crank throw's guess i didn't get enough off the center one. the other two were fine.maybe, next piston i doo,will be alright. guess i will have to run the 02z rest of the year.
NORM

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry to hear Norm,see you in michigan
DAVE,will not make it , Nick, has gone hunting, mid west some were, left last week.going to stop at milan and race on the way home.hpoe to get to meet you someday,
NORM

·
Registered
488 Posts
you going to martin norm???? to watch or race??? if so i will see you there.
ERIC, like i said to Dave, NICK, has left so look for NICK WASHBURN,he's a real nice guy. he drovemy 02 machz, for 2yr's had alot of fun, he's inn the 7sec club now with his nyrto. make sure you/dave look for him
NORMAN

1 - 10 of 10 Posts