Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my buddies sled and he asked me to make this post so here it goes.
97 mach z 800 trip eats oil on an average of 2 qts to the tankful. We are fairly aggresive riders and he really likes to get into his throttle alot. It seems like when we are on a trail that has lots of sharp curves he fouls plugs on the average of every 50 miles. That sled does not like to be ridden under sixty or it will oil foul. any ideas? Is this kind of con sumption normal? We were actually talking about premixing his fuel to try and aleaveate this problem. Granted we would mix it a litttle rich. any ideas. Being we run syntethic it gets really pricy on the oil and plugs. Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
126 Posts
markycski said:
97 mach z 800 trip eats oil on an average of 2 qts to the tankful. We are fairly aggresive riders and he really likes to get into his throttle alot. It seems like when we are on a trail that has lots of sharp curves he fouls plugs on the average of every 50 miles. That sled does not like to be ridden under sixty or it will oil foul. any ideas? Is this kind of con sumption normal? We were actually talking about premixing his fuel to try and aleaveate this problem. Granted we would mix it a litttle rich. any ideas. Being we run syntethic it gets really pricy on the oil and plugs. Any ideas or suggestions?
[snapback]256762[/snapback]​
My 97 mach had a problem oil pump it would not return all the way down to idle position Quick fix added a small spring to pull lever back down still running to day
Or pump might be out of adjustment?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MOXXY said:
markycski said:
My 97 mach had a problem oil pump it would not return all the way down to idle position Quick fix added a small spring to pull lever back down still running to day
[snapback]257370[/snapback]​
does any know weyher or not you can adjust those oil punmps or not if so where is the adjusment located?

·
Registered
9 Posts
markycski said:
MOXXY said:
markycski said:
[snapback]257370[/snapback]​
does any know weyher or not you can adjust those oil punmps or not if so where is the adjusment located?
[snapback]262575[/snapback]​
Yes you can adjust the oil pump.The cable that operates it is threaded,you loosen the locknut and adjust cable.

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
Your buddy is running about twice the oil he needs to. Just adjust the pump cable.
For normal riding fill the oil tank ride it 100-125 miles and if you can pour 1 qt. of oil in to fill it back up your good to go, if it takes more keep adjusting the pump until you do. Adjust it about the thickness of the line on the pump or 1/32 of an inch each time.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Take the exhaust off and you can see the pump right behind the recoil housing.THE ajustment bolts are right there on the cable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts