Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re-built the sled last winter and did not get any miles on it so this fall I fired it up and it runs quite rich. So my plan is to pull it into the shop and check the plug gaps, check that the air screws are 1.5 to 2 turns out from seated, check that the oil pump returns all the way when off throttle, check that the choke plungers are closing when off and check for any critter nests. It has fresh non-oxy gas and Klotz snowmobile oil.

Are there others areas I should be checking?

Thanks

·
Registered
928 Posts
Reeds worn out/ flexed. Pull the off and see if they sit flat or if there is a gap. Meaning they don't close all the way. But yes adjusting carbs may do the trick. Why do you say it runs rich ?

·
Registered
622 Posts
What makes you think its rich by starting it in the fall?

And how sexy are those pipes!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It appears to be running rich because of the excessive exhaust smoke and the plugs are black. Going to get after it today.

Thanks very much for the replies and post back what I find.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well finally got at it today and checked the plug gaps, 1 1/2 turns on the air screws and adjusted the choke plungers. Fired it up and adjusted the idle to 1800 rpms and runs like a champ. Snowing tonight so may ride tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.