Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please let me know if there is already a topic on all this being said before.

I'm rebuilding my 700 triple this summer. The all new crank is being done at Northern Crank along with the oil holes, should be done soon. I'm considering the Crank Shop cylinder spacer or the thicker base gasket? I've got a set of Vforce reeds & cages, but don't know what intake boots to set up with them? (did you just need to cut off the horns from the inside of the stock ones?) Pistons, stock bore, rering the Elkos that are in good shape or go with the Wiseco Pro Lites? Thanks for any ideas/thoughts.

G

·
Please let me know if there is already a topic on all this being said before.

I'm rebuilding my 700 triple this summer. The all new crank is being done at Northern Crank along with the oil holes, should be done soon. I'm considering the Crank Shop cylinder spacer or the thicker base gasket? I've got a set of Vforce reeds & cages, but don't know what intake boots to set up with them? (did you just need to cut off the horns from the inside of the stock ones?) Pistons, stock bore, rering the Elkos that are in good shape or go with the Wiseco Pro Lites? Thanks for any ideas/thoughts.
yes you cut the stock boots for the v force reeds...on the pistons...not everyone has good luck with wiseco's they require a little more tlc if you want good luck with them...meaning warming the sled real good before tearing a$$ across the lake. good quality oil and make sure you have good clearence for the rave valves....i love wiseco's i have them in all my sleds...if your elko's are in good shape and they meet spec i would say throw some new rings on em and keep on truckin... the 0.59 base gasket head cut combo is well worth the $75 but clutching and some pipes are going to bring you bigger gains.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply.
I do have a set of Jaws pipes for the F chassis, but have been told that they are for the 800, not the 700, although they came from a buddy of mine that ran them on his asphalt sled set up with a 700 triple. I have no literature or starting point specs for the pipes, anyone know any info on the pipes?
I run a 44/52 helix w/19-20 lbs. on the secondary with the biege spring. Primary is running the 186 ramps and pink/white spring usually set on "4"-pretty much stock stuff, what to change for the pipes?

thanks for any thoughts

G

·
Thanks for the reply.
I do have a set of Jaws pipes for the F chassis, but have been told that they are for the 800, not the 700, although they came from a buddy of mine that ran them on his asphalt sled set up with a 700 triple. I have no literature or starting point specs for the pipes, anyone know any info on the pipes?
I run a 44/52 helix w/19-20 lbs. on the secondary with the biege spring. Primary is running the 186 ramps and pink/white spring usually set on "4"-pretty much stock stuff, what to change for the pipes?

thanks for any thoughts
if you call greg at jaws pipes with some measurements and maybe a pic of them he will be able to help you out... your going to have to give him inlet size..measure the fattest part of the pipe and inside stinger diameter...in millimeters if you can. the number is 613-489-5297...and thats going to be a canada phone call just so ya know..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Were there any 700 triples that ran the flatslides like the Mach Z's?

Anybody ever put flatslides on a 97' 700? Dumb idea?

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
99/2000 Mach 1 came with Flatslides. I run them on my 98/99 Formula III. Much easier to tune, less cables in the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts