Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have 96 studs in the per pattern from the factory. I would like to add more studs for detter bit. I have 144 total that I can put in. What is the best patter for 144 up the middel with the 96 that I already have? DOO I put 3 studs in every bar or 4, 2, 4, or is that too hard on the track.

·
Registered
315 Posts
The more studs=more rotating mass on the track. Uses more H.P. to drive track especially at higher speeds. IMO 96 good quality studs should be enough on a 600 down the center.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two of my freinds have simaler sleds with 1 1/4'' tracks and 121 studs and I have 96 getting beat up to 60-70 mph. I'd like to get off the line and though the corners better then 2 or 3 mph off top end.

·
Registered
127 Posts
yeller said:
I had 96 and added another 48 for 144. Did three per band up the middle.
[snapback]705262[/snapback]​
Did you find that your 96 original studs looked beat up? and could you feel more grip,with the additional 48? I have the same pattern in my 800 (96 up the middle)

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
jb said:
yeller said:
I had 96 and added another 48 for 144. Did three per band up the middle.
[snapback]705262[/snapback]​
Did you find that your 96 original studs looked beat up? and could you feel more grip,with the additional 48? I have the same pattern in my 800 (96 up the middle)
[snapback]714445[/snapback]​
I can tell it hooks up better with the extra 48 I added.I put 2 every other bar kepping them close to the rail when possible in a repeated pattern. I agree with Adrenaline SDI I prefer to have more traction for a couple of mph of top end then add 9"billets to try and get it back

1 - 6 of 6 Posts