Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
We are adding a tunnel extension, and using 1996 Summit rear suspension brackets with a SC10-136 skid. Will the 1.5 track work on the stock drivers? Also I would like to cut the extension so it overlaps on the tunnel for more strength (after market extension). How much extension do I need to leave for a 121 to 136 conversion? Common sense would say 7.5 inches . . . (136 -121) / 2 = 7.5.

Updated pics posted below . . .

·
Registered
975 Posts
Just did a 136 conversion to a ZX chassis using a 2000 Summit Highmark extension. There's about 7 1/2 to 8 inches behind the seat. Just enough for a small rack. You can see in the picture how close the flap is to the track. About right. About the same amount of extension that is on an 02 Renegade my buddy owns. Color is abit off on the picture. Done some adjustment so the aluminum stood out better. You'd be surprised how much the extension firms up after everything is in place; I used the Rev Renegade bumper which puts most of the lifting force on the bumper onto the original chassis ( 3 bolts per side, 2 into original chassis )

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1BadZ said:
Just did a 136 conversion to a ZX chassis using a 2000 Summit Highmark extension. There's about 7 1/2 to 8 inches behind the seat. Just enough for a small rack. You can see in the picture how close the flap is to the track. About right. About the same amount of extension that is on an 02 Renegade my buddy owns. Color is abit off on the picture. Done some adjustment so the aluminum stood out better. You'd be surprised how much the extension firms up after everything is in place; I used the Rev Renegade bumper which puts most of the lifting force on the bumper onto the original chassis ( 3 bolts per side, 2 into original chassis )
[snapback]713666[/snapback]​
Thanks for the reply . . .

I like the idea of the Renegade bumper, what did you give for it?

We used a tunnel extension fabricated out of pretty thick diamond plate aluminum. It needs some dressing up where the tunnel overlaps the extension. I think I am going to make some footpads out of thinner diamond plate, but that may have to wait for this summer. We cut slots in the extension so it only extended 9 inches (it was 12). It has a slight tip up to it the way I installed it. Tunnel is still the stock black, so it won't be a real pretty setup, but it is my boy's first sled that he owns himself and he is happy I'll post pics down the road.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mxzeatr said:
That looks good. I always wondered what our formula would look like with a 136". What all did you have to do to get the 1.5 under it? Anything special? Sled looks good, are you going to re-mount your tunnel trim peices?
Here is a pic of my formula that is for sale....

http://photobucket.com/albums/y150/eric226...SalePics011.jpg
[snapback]771701[/snapback]​
We plan to make trim/footpad pieces from more diamond plate. The new (used) 670 that we put in burnt down after 5 miles so we have lot's of work ahead.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Ding said:
mxzeatr said:
That looks good. I always wondered what our formula would look like with a 136". What all did you have to do to get the 1.5 under it? Anything special? Sled looks good, are you going to re-mount your tunnel trim peices?
Here is a pic of my formula that is for sale....

http://photobucket.com/albums/y150/eric226...SalePics011.jpg
[snapback]771701[/snapback]​
We plan to make trim/footpad pieces from more diamond plate. The new (used) 670 that we put in burnt down after 5 miles so we have lot's of work ahead.
[snapback]781647[/snapback]​
Ding can you please check your mesages.....

Larry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts