Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 96 FII600 is guzzling gas bigtme, and fouling plugs.When im WOT it seems like its almost flooding out(or starting to foul,even kind of a miss) but if i let off the throttle and hit it again it seems to pick back up and go as it should.Ive cleaned and synced the carbs and the jetting is all stock 50-50-50,330-330-330.The spark plugs are burning perfect(light brown).My question is this ,should I try dropping the needles 1 clip or should I look somewhere else ,maybe go down a little on the pilots? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Alawens

·
Registered
4 Posts
alawens said:
My 96 FII600 is guzzling gas bigtme, and fouling plugs.When im WOT it seems like its almost flooding out(or starting to foul,even kind of a miss) but if i let off the throttle and hit it again it seems to pick back up and go as it should.Ive cleaned and synced the carbs and the jetting is all stock 50-50-50,330-330-330.The spark plugs are burning perfect(light brown).My question is this ,should I try dropping the needles 1 clip or should I look somewhere else ,maybe go down a little on the pilots? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Alawens

[snapback]257206[/snapback]​
Id sell it and get a 1978 Artic cat Panther.My friend Dave has one for sale,hes a real smart guy.Also I would look at a 1971 Ski horse,they are very reliable and go like a Scaulded Rat!

Attachments

·
Registered
577 Posts
alawens said:
Id sell it and get a 1978 Artic cat Panther.My friend Dave has one for sale,hes a real smart guy.Also I would look at a 1971 Ski horse,they are very reliable and go like a Scaulded Rat!
What an idiot!

·
In Search Of PAH!
1,866 Posts
Andy, Stock Jetting should be 330-320-330, 50-55-50. Needle setting should be in position #3.

It will run REAL rich when it's warmer out, like it was this past weekend. I would ride it this weekend when the temperature drops and see if it still is too rich before changing the jetting.

How's the clutch kit working for you?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got it runnnig better now i think i had some bad gas in it.My town is pretty small and not alot of people buy premium.I talked to the owner and he said they only get thier tanks filled every once in a great while,so i think there was some water or other crap in it.I ran a couple of tanks through it with better gas and it made a huge difference.The sled really rips now ,lots of pull,lots of power.I finally got my carbs tuned how i want and now im really happy with it.97mach1, the clutch kit is sweet, lots of low end power.Thanks alot for the info Jim,and thanks for the help with the clutch kit,I really appreciate it.

·
Just Killin' Time Till Summer
1,258 Posts
Be shure to use the correct plug
I had a 96 FIII and it first used BR10 plugs
and I would foul the center plug almost every ride
Changed to BR9's and voila no more fouled plugs and my gas milage
went from 9 to 13 MPG or (Canadian gallon)
I also droped the main jets 3 sizes
used it that way for 8000 trouble free miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.