Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I have been working on my sled. and now im going after some mods. I cant afford a new sled so im going to trick this one out. I have a couple questions for you pro's

1. my tunnel says my sled is a 1996 but my registration say 1997. what year is it really?

2. What suspension do I have now? and what is a easy close to bolt in suspension upgrade?

3. what chassis do I have

my plans are to kinda copy powermods sled on youtube. with my own twist put on it. which is I want to go with a 136-144 x 15 track. and lighten the sled up. kinda a mountain sled but I will be trail riding it to with some boondocking.

thanks for any help guys

G

·
so I have been working on my sled. and now im going after some mods. I cant afford a new sled so im going to trick this one out. I have a couple questions for you pro's

1. my tunnel says my sled is a 1996 but my registration say 1997. what year is it really?

2. What suspension do I have now? and what is a easy close to bolt in suspension upgrade?

3. what chassis do I have

my plans are to kinda copy powermods sled on youtube. with my own twist put on it. which is I want to go with a 136-144 x 15 track. and lighten the sled up. kinda a mountain sled but I will be trail riding it to with some boondocking.

thanks for any help guys
1997 mach 1 F chassis should have a sc10 rear skid....you can add a tunnel extention and get some sc10 rail extentions and go 136.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1997 mach 1 F chassis should have a sc10 rear skid....you can add a tunnel extention and get some sc10 rail extentions and go 136.
well from searching is there a different rear suspension other than the sc10 I can put in it. im not scared of fabbing as long as the instructions are clear and not filled with acronyms or or slang. I would like a better ride as I am putting mountain bars and risers along with a seat that alittle more rev style in seating.

why would I do this some may ask. well its simple. I poor, have cancer, and will never be able to afford to pay 3-6k for a sled like that. I picked this sled up for $300 running so little at a time I will upgrade it to a style I like more.

big thanks to you guys for any further help you can give me.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
The date on the data plate for the older sleds only lists the manufacture date. Yours was made in 96 making it a 97 model year.
The 10 is not a bad suspension and extending it to 136 will make it better. However, if you're going to extend I think you'll need new/relocated drop brackets for the rear mount holes so look for a 136" SC10-3, AKA SCIII and you'll be super happy. A well tuned M1 with a 136 SC3 would be one fun ride. Good luck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The date on the data plate for the older sleds only lists the manufacture date. Yours was made in 96 making it a 97 model year.
The 10 is not a bad suspension and extending it to 136 will make it better. However, if you're going to extend I think you'll need new/relocated drop brackets for the rear mount holes so look for a 136" SC10-3, AKA SCIII and you'll be super happy. A well tuned M1 with a 136 SC3 would be one fun ride. Good luck.
thankyou. now what sled have the scIII suspension in a 136 or even 144. I know these are a lot of questions im asking and I do apologize but I am hanging on every word here. and I will open a build thread I swear and post detailed picture to help the next guy out.

·
Can Thread Patrol
3,971 Posts
Can get tunnel and suspension rail extensions from TracksUSA.com or else find a 136 from long track formula 3, or Mach z. Or possibly a zx chassis renegade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,342 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 3 came in around 02 in the ZX chassis. Most if not all REV chassis sleds had them from 03 to 04 or so. Check out skidoo.com for exact details and keep your eye on craigslist. Google it everyday and you'll find one.

Here's a butt load of hits without trying...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=sc3&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xsc3+suspension&_nkw=sc3+suspension&_sacat=0
now are all the scIII's 15" wide tracks? and where any offerd as a 144 or should I just do the swap then buy exstensions(which id rather not do) I looking into a intense 1.5 track if I go 136" or the cross over 1.5 if I go 144.

I like to tril ride but I also like to run the power lines here in Michigan. I also have to address rebuilding the engine before something happens to and have the oil hole mod done.

·
Can Thread Patrol
3,971 Posts
All are for 15" tracks. Zx summits were 144" I believe. Better make sure you have room by the bulkhead for a 1.5" track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All are for 15" tracks. Zx summits were 144" I believe. Better make sure you have room by the bulkhead for a 1.5" track Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
true Im learning. I will have to messure for sure. what year is that zx summit. im reading threw skidoo.com's web site now and going threw the mach z faqs

·
Registered
21 Posts
actually I found a 2004 136x15 zx summit but I haven't found a 144 yet. looks like 136 will have to do. I just wanted to make this thing plant the track and go. right now you jit the throttle and it spits snow then go's. I used to build drag cars and its like having 1000hp in a chevette whit 14" street tires.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I have a Cobra on one of my sleds. Really good track. Just make sure you have the clearance to run that big of a lug track.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well looks like I can run a 1.5" track with no problems from all the research iv been doing.

I have another big question. what about the sc10 II?

is that a bolt in?

and what all models did it come on?

im sorry to keep bugging you guys. Im just trying to make sure all my ducks are in a row so I can start ordering parts.

so here my new plans.(if the sc10 II is easyer to bolt in.)

go with a sc10 II rear suspension

use exstensions and go to a 136 track.

tunnel exstension

buy a intence 1.5 track

find a can for my sled. (Anyone know wher I can buy one for a sled this old.)

drop my top gear to a 24 tooth.

lighten up my sled how ever possible.

so what do all you thank.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts