Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I recently rebuilt my engine on my sons formula (he blew it when he put engine oil instead of 2 stroke oil, (5w-30 not great for 2 strokes haha) and I was wondering how to bleed the oil pump. Myself, not being that mechanically inclined, just plugged everything back in filled it with oil and started the sled for about 20 minutes. (with extra oil in the gas, if that helps)

The sled SEEMS (really hard to say with such small run time) to have consumed some oil, although can't be sure. I can't see the lines as it's way too jam packed down there, but I really want to make sure I don't blow it again.

So again, just asking how to bleed it. Or if i'm all good without bleeding it?

Going to take a look at the plugs tommorow.

Thank you gentlemen!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Putting in 2 new pistons and gaskets isn't very difficult if you take your time and read the manuel. I just did the top end so motor stayed in the engine.

·
2nd Whore in command
102,284 Posts
The manual should have a section on how to bleed the oil pump? Not sure how the oil pumps are on those motors but on the Series 3 motors(99-03) there is a bleeder screw on the oil pump that you open so you can bleed the air out of the lines. You could also make a hook out of a coat hanger to hold the pump wide open while you run the motor for a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts