Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm working on a rebuild of a 94 formula st. I have a repair manual, but the wiring diagrams don't looked accurate with what I have. How or where can I get access to the wiring diagram. There's a four-pin wiring harness(plastic piece that clips together) that got cooked, the plastic is destroyed, and I'm not sure which wires should be connected. I'm not at home now, but I can share pics later if that will help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Thinking that plug should only have 3 wires coming off the back. Not 5. It's getting hot because there is a huge load on the yellow coming in. Off the back I think should be a yellow, a yellow/black and a black. The red and light blue wires should not be there.

Should be another 3 wire set coming from the stator. Black, Red, and Black/Red wires.

Should also be a 2 wire set off the stator.

·
SnomoSnob
2,756 Posts
I had a similar issue on my nephews 4wheeler. it turned out the load to it battery ( it was dead ) was so high it cooked the CDI, VR and stator.
Just a thought.
I think the red\blue is to charge the battery.
GutZ

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There was corrosion inside the harness. I removed the yellow wires, including the ends with the metal terminals as well as the wires and terminals coming out of the opposite side of the harness. The harness was destroyed so it was fairly easy to remove the wires. I sprayed the terminals with electronic cleaner. l scrubbed them with a small wire brush. Then, I slid shrink tube over one end of each paired set, connected the proper terminals, and shrunk the heat tube with a heat gun. Since the terminals are clean and making better contact, they’re no longer overheating. The downside is that I had to delete the harness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There was corrosion inside the harness. I removed the yellow wires, including the ends with the metal terminals as well as the wires and terminals coming out of the opposite side of the harness. The harness was destroyed so it was fairly easy to remove the wires. I sprayed the terminals with electronic cleaner. l scrubbed them with a small wire brush. Then, I slid shrink tube over one end of each paired set, connected the proper terminals, and shrunk the heat tube with a heat gun. Since the terminals are clean and making better contact, they’re no longer overheating. The downside is that I had to delete the harness.
Right on. I'm hoping I'm not going to have to redo the whole harness, and just be able to replace the melted connector. I'm not entirely sure what circuit that is - I'm pretty sure it's headlight but I also have lost my speedo.

Thanks for your input!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts