Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My 94 formula st starts and idles reliably. The issue comes when i start driving and is that when I decelerate from higher speeds(30-50mph) to turn and reaccelerate, it’s often boggy coming out of the turn. Normally I can work the throttle a bit to get it back to normal operations. Sometimes, however, it just won’t get going again. It idles extremely low if it doesn’t die altogether. It might lurch a few feet as I hit the throttle, but then it goes nowhere. If I can’t feather the throttle to get it going again, i ususally take the plugs out, blow on them, and reinstall them to get going again. Both plugs have issues with this. I’m not sure what the benchmark is for fuel efficiency, but this things uses like a quarter tank per 10-15 miles, it seems. As far as I can tell there’s no overflow fuel coming from the carb overflow lines. I totally disassembled and cleaned the carbs in the early winter of 2020. Early in winter of 2021, I checked floats and did a less thorough clean. I’ve not done any service to the clutches. Do I just need to suck it up and do the carbs again, or might the issue be coming from elsewhere.
Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was really hoping the primer would be the issue. I pinched off the primer line between the primer and the carbs. I took a few laps around my lot. Then, I headed down to the river and ripped around a bit. Once it got warmed up, I had the same bogging issues. I would Rev it around 3k rpms and hit the throttle. It would go about five feet and bog out. Repeat until I got back to my house.

Here’s another tidbit to throw in. The oil injection tanks seems to be going down pretty fast. I don’t have good numbers on how fast the injection tank has been going down per gallon of gas used, but it’s pretty significant. How could I test the oil injector, and would a significant excess of oil cause it to get boggy if it’s dumping in more oil as I press the throttle me? There’s no oil leaking into the engine compartment anywhere.

I’ve had this sled a couple years. I’ve never done any serving time either of the clutches.

Unless there are other suggestions, I will likely just take the carbs off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts