Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Wondering if I can swap the skid to a C7 or something with a better ride than the original?
Anyone have an idea or tried this?
Also can I swap the seat to a 2 up or is the frame limited to a single seater?
Thanks
Roadrunner1

·
Registered
333 Posts
You can swap the skid for a C7 without much problem.Youll just have to drill acouple of holes for the skid to mount.In reality the 92 C7 never rode any better in my opinion.The seat was the main differnce, making the ride seam that much better.Fast came out with a multi rate spring for your skid that made it ride really well and would save you a lot of time and money.You would be better off to spend the money saved on the newer seat.Also you can get a two up seat from a 92 and bolt it right on your single seat chassis.They were a king/queen type seat with a short backrest.Good luck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Twister said:
You can swap the skid for a C7 without much problem.Youll just have to drill acouple of holes for the skid to mount.In reality the 92 C7 never rode any better in my opinion.The seat was the main differnce, making the ride seam that much better.Fast came out with a multi rate spring for your skid that made it ride really well and would save you a lot of time and money.You would be better off to spend the money saved on the newer seat.Also you can get a two up seat from a 92 and bolt it right on your single seat chassis.They were a king/queen type seat with a short backrest.Good luck.
[snapback]276392[/snapback]​
This is what I did back in 92 to my MX, I had a problem with the monshock freezing, I had the option to go to a FOX shock, but I found a better kit. Ski-doo made or may still have a C-7 update kit, its a kit that will convert a monoshock into a C-7, it was about $500 , at the time it was well worth it, you won't belive how much stuff you get with this kit. It come with shocks springs, new rails, nut bolts and mounting brackets with templates. Took about a day to do, but you will still have a C-7, not a bad suspension for the time, but you can't even compare it to suspension now.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
skidoo75 said:
Twister said:
[snapback]276392[/snapback]​
This is what I did back in 92 to my MX, I had a problem with the monshock freezing, I had the option to go to a FOX shock, but I found a better kit. Ski-doo made or may still have a C-7 update kit, its a kit that will convert a monoshock into a C-7, it was about $500 , at the time it was well worth it, you won't belive how much stuff you get with this kit. It come with shocks springs, new rails, nut bolts and mounting brackets with templates. Took about a day to do, but you will still have a C-7, not a bad suspension for the time, but you can't even compare it to suspension now.
[snapback]280649[/snapback]​
Thanks for the response
Well I guess I will have to wait until next year for the new seat
I melted down the mag piston exhaust side! Air leak in the lower crankcase!
Well it was fun for a while!
Have the motor pulled out the sleeve is cleaned up
New piston in the works
New gaskets on order
Gotta get er done I go north for 1 week on Feb 10th for a whole week of fishin and sleddin!
Roadrunner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts