Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never rode 900T, just curious what you guys think about the 900 turbo motor in the renegade enduro for wife... toss uo between 600 etec and 900T... thanks for any insight

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Pretty darn hard to answer that without specific info........big difference between the two. It all depends on what type of rider she is. Either engine in the Enduro is a good choice.

·
Registered
308 Posts
If she is the type of rider that enjoys that kind of power, why not. I think the 150ish HP in the 900T is certainly controllable. However, if she would be happy with 95 HP, why not a 900 naturally aspirated Enduro? My wife’s current sled is a 2016 900 ACE Enduro. She likes it much better than the 600’s and the 1200 she had previously. Last year I took her sled to Quebec for a week as I already traded my 1200. I was completely satisfied riding her sled. Fuel economy is great, mid range is satisfying, as it popped to 80 - 85 quickly. I had 100 on the speedo on a pretty set up trail on that trip. I was surprised to see that kind of speed. The 900 Enduro sans turbo may be something to consider, and it would save you some weight, not to mention over $2000 compared to the turbo version. I myself have a turbo on order, but I sometimes wonder if I should have bought a regular 900? Best of luck with whatever you purchase.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I tried to get my wife to choose the 900t, but she really likes the 600 etec. Also my thoughts were if something happened to my sled I would have spare turbo to ride. She wasnt sure if she would like the extra weight either. She rode mine a few times last year, and really liked the power. However didnt ride it long enough to get a feel for the weight on an all day ride.

·
Banned
7,722 Posts
My wife really likes her 900t xpkg and she is coming off a 1200 X. The 900t is a great ladies sled and it’s also great for old guys who ride with their wives and aren’t too concerned about having fun while riding.

Reactions: thinksno

·
Registered
452 Posts
600 etec all the way for the wife...my wife bought a 900 TURBO X last year it was a heavy tank and very problematic was horrible on rough tight trails..
....she has 2 new 600 & 850 rene x's coming she will pick when they get here...she loved my 850 renegade last year when we switched on and off...

·
Registered
469 Posts
900T is an excellent ladies sled. I even let my 7 year old ride mine on eco mode/
Can the turbo run a learners key on it? I'm thinking of upgrading my wife's 2011 1200 tnt to a 900 turbo and wanted to have a sled that my 12 year old daughter could run around on our property and get used to a newer sled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Ski-Doo Guru
13,819 Posts
Can the turbo run a learners key on it? I'm thinking of upgrading my wife's 2011 1200 tnt to a 900 turbo and wanted to have a sled that my 12 year old daughter could run around on our property and get used to a newer sled.

Yes you can program a learners key for it and limit the speed as well as acceleration on the machine. My 7 year old had no problem riding the 200 hp flashed 900T around the lake when I had it limited. Obviously heavy for him to steer but to cruise around the power / throttle were well within his means. That's about the only benefit of the iTC beyond that I have serious issues with it and how it operates for me as a rider its a horrible disconnection from the engine in my experience. Not something I would ever want to live with.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yes you can program a learners key for it and limit the speed as well as acceleration on the machine. My 7 year old had no problem riding the 200 hp flashed 900T around the lake when I had it limited. Obviously heavy for him to steer but to cruise around the power / throttle were well within his means. That's about the only benefit of the iTC beyond that I have serious issues with it and how it operates for me as a rider its a horrible disconnection from the engine in my experience. Not something I would ever want to live with.
Thanks for the info! I'm still on the fence going with the turbo being it's a renegade and her 1200 is a tnt 120. I was worried about heavy steering on the turbo. I suggested a 900 ace but she wasn't to thrilled about the low hp numbers.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Thanks for the info! I'm still on the fence going with the turbo being it's a renegade and her 1200 is a tnt 120. I was worried about heavy steering on the turbo. I suggested a 900 ace but she wasn't to thrilled about the low hp numbers.

The Turbo is in a G4 chassis.....big difference over the ZR & XS chassis. I have had 2 1200's, both Renegades, one in XR chassis and the other in the XS chassis. The new 900T feels a lot lighter than the 1200's that I have owned, much lighter steering.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts