Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
201 - 220 of 227 Posts

· Descending doooowwwwnnnnn
3,263 Posts
Has anyone tried changing just the stock cooler to one of the larger ones? Like Precision or Hurricane?
If so, any improvements in performance?
Makes sense to me that it would help, but wondered if any real world experiences out there from last year.
I see on FB that they say that someone had major improvements with just the cooler changed, but wonder about that.
I did change out my intercooler and made zero difference, even added octane boost and no difference. Even went out at -34c clutchs were cold and snowdust inside engine bay, performance is the same as 0c. Its definitely a programming issue. My sled accels great to 106mph speedo 7600rpm(hard pack trail) then it totally feels like it governed as it just stalls there. This 400lb primary spring idea by doo is just plain stupid. I would never use that spring in anything.

· Registered
27 Posts
I was at the N.H. grass drags and visited the Ski-Doo booth. Talked to a few reps about the inconsistencies and they more or less gave me the same run down which mostly follows the service bulletin items. They did also mention the ECU adjusting to intake temps and possibility of that causing some performance loss. I didn't really learn anything new until the quiet guy of the group who wasn't saying anything caught me on my way out and said "Call Dave at Hurricane... he has the correct specs for the wastegate part you need. That will cure your problem." Now I'm not sure if he actually said "part" but that's what I thought he said. So naturally I called Dave the next day wondering what the heck he was referring to and Dave just advised I ensure crack pressure is at 8psi, as he's seen them vary all over the place. I know that topic has been covered here and I didn't think the Doo rep was just referring to crack pressure but was interesting that he pulled me aside to tell me that none-the-less.

· Premium Member
29,681 Posts
I was at the N.H. grass drags and visited the Ski-Doo booth. Talked to a few reps about the inconsistencies and they more or less gave me the same run down which mostly follows the service bulletin items. They did also mention the ECU adjusting to intake temps and possibility of that causing some performance loss. I didn't really learn anything new until the quiet guy of the group who wasn't saying anything caught me on my way out and said "Call Dave at Hurricane... he has the correct specs for the wastegate part you need. That will cure your problem." Now I'm not sure if he actually said "part" but that's what I thought he said. So naturally I called Dave the next day wondering what the heck he was referring to and Dave just advised I ensure crack pressure is at 8psi, as he's seen them vary all over the place. I know that topic has been covered here and I didn't think the Doo rep was just referring to crack pressure but was interesting that he pulled me aside to tell me that none-the-less.
Sounds probable. Between crack pressure and tps there are probably many Mach Z not running near their full potential.

· Registered
2022 Mach Z
1,227 Posts
It’s something I had on my list to check, forgot about it and now the sled is back up north.
How many have actually checked their crack pressure after having rpm issues? I would be very curious to know.

· Registered
56 Posts
How do you check the crack pressure? I have a Renegade X 900 Turbo R that has RPM issues, though they definitely seem to be tied in part to the outdoor temperature (translating to intake and coolant temp). But even on the coldest day and best conditions, can't get much beyond 7600 and 115 on speedo (so about 105 GPS).

· boost junkie
11,767 Posts
you need a gauge that reads in the single psi like up to 20 max
pull the hose off the actuator put your test hose on and pump up the psi
when you see the rod move that is the crack psi
just a small movement is all your looking for, let the psi off and test a few times
the mighty vac makes a nice little kit, I use a radiator test kit

Reactions: krm and Daag44

· Registered
2022 Mach Z
1,227 Posts
you need a gauge that reads in the single psi like up to 20 max
pull the hose off the actuator put your test hose on and pump up the psi
when you see the rod move that is the crack psi
just a small movement is all your looking for, let the psi off and test a few times
the mighty vac makes a nice little kit, I use a radiator test kit
To add to this description, make sure if you purchase a mighty vac, get the one that you can add positive pressure. This mighty vac is metal, not plastic…. Ask me how I know 😂😂 I know have 2 mighty vacs.

· boost junkie
11,767 Posts
11 seems high
i bet 8 is correct
max boost is only 18

· Registered
2004 Ski Doo GSX 600 SDI, 2011 Ski Doo GSX1200 SE, 2022 Ski Doo Rene Enduro 900R
30 Posts
Dealer contacted me today to bring my 2022 Enduro 900R in, BRP has a update for it he needs to complete. Told me it involves reflash of ECU, recalibrate the TPS, check the throttle cable tension and new primary spring for the clutch. He has what he needs parts wise to bring it in anytime and it will get done in about 1.5 hrs and I can take home again with me.
so things are looking up, sled should be ready for the season before the snow arrives!
Finally got work done, was TPS recal, primary spring change and throttle cable check/adjust. Oh and DESS is installed too so the 2022 is finally complete. No ECU update my mistake.
See how it works when there are some trails open to run on. Buds sled got done also and APC/DESS complete also.

· Registered
2004 Ski Doo GSX 600 SDI, 2011 Ski Doo GSX1200 SE, 2022 Ski Doo Rene Enduro 900R
30 Posts
Makes me laugh, picked up new sled last week of Feb 2022, bulletin was released 03/31/2022 and dealer couldn’t get any parts until Nov 2022. Got it it broke in before trails closed last March so ready to go. Will check the crack pressure yet.

201 - 220 of 227 Posts