Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm wondering about the projected/expected longevity of the 900ACE Turbo engine. Anyone have any idea how many miles roughly one can expect out of it? Anyone with a 1st or 2nd year model able to answer any questions about this? Anyone with some serious miles on theirs yet? I have to think it will be more than a 2 stroke engine, but I have no idea... are we talking 10K? 20K? +/-???

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I'm wondering about the projected/expected longevity of the 900ACE Turbo engine. Anyone have any idea how many miles roughly one can expect out of it? Anyone with a 1st or 2nd year model able to answer any questions about this? Anyone with some serious miles on theirs yet? I have to think it will be more than a 2 stroke engine, but I have no idea... are we talking 10K? 20K? +/-??? I'm stock NO mods.

·
Super Moderator
29,421 Posts
There is a guy on here that put over 20,000 miles on in one season. I think his wife put on over 9,000 the same season.

Longevity hasn't been an issue. Actually I can't think of any real issues with the 900T. Its been a winner.

·
Registered
2022 XRS 900R
1,286 Posts
This is in the wrong forum but the answer is a long time if you look after them. There is a guy on here that put on over 20 000 miles on his turbo last year (1 year) and had next to no problems. I think he drove it over 190 days in a row. I think they are pretty reliable.

·
boost junkie
10,662 Posts
at 20000 you will have many problems

but probably not motor related

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
No where near that high number, but last season on our 2 we had 9131 kms on each sled...Oil change only..Zero issues..

·
Super Moderator
29,421 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Other than a rare random failure, I would think any four-stroke engine in a sled would outlast the sled itself five times over.

·
Registered
2023 Ski-Doo Renegade X-RS 900 ACE Turbo RR with Competition Package
1,049 Posts
I am on my second one. Neither one had big mileage, but no problems with either so far. I will admit, though, seeing that turbo glowing bright red all the time does make me wonder how long it can last. I know they do that, and it is considered "normal" , it still kind of freaks me out and I wonder how many cycles of that the bearings and such can take.

But, as mentioned, there are enough out there in the mid to high teens or close to 20,000 miles that seem fine.

I am really religious about letting it get up to operating temperature and letting it idle and cool down before shutting it off. Just like any of my other engines.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good to know! I was pretty sure it will far outlast the 2 stroke engines. I was guessing 20K ish? I'm just looking at resale value, my last 2 sleds were 800 etecs with 6K on both of them and the dealers want to give you a straight kick in the balls on trade!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts