Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

I live in Northern Canada where the snow is hard as ice for a good 75% of the season and very rough.

I usually ride a 2013 800 renegade, but I'm noticing now that the 154 seems to drive a lot smoother and also doesn't overheat as easily here.

We hunt regularly on our sleds and pull hundreds of pounds towing a sled with gear, fish, and meat, pretty much all the time.

What I'm getting at is, I'm looking for suggestions on how I can beef up my rear end of a 900 ace expedition sport, without putting too much money into it.

I am planning to replace the original shocks with performance shocks...which brand, I'm not sure yet. I seen the coil-over shocks on the 2018 Lynx, thought that would be a good way to go but I still have time to think about it.

One of my worst pet peeves is completely dead shocks, especially up here. I'm not looking for any fancy racing shocks as I will only be travelling 40-60km/h on average while hunting, but I want decent shocks where it will be able to keep the back end stiff.

Any particular torsion springs that would be helpful for this as well?

Ive also thought of trying to put a summit 154 tmotion suspension in there, but it was just a thought.

Let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I agree with above . U can try new springs first. If you want better shocks , unfortunately u will have to pay the price.. We run monster performance shocks all the way around ours sleds..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts