Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have them on my wife's GSX 900.. Also had them on a TNT 900.. They work awesome, no darting, super light steering.. :righton

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was curious before i tried them because as you know , once you install them to your ski's if you want to go back to a different runner, you have a couple extra holes you would have to deal with as well as larger holes if i remember correctly

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I have never heard of snowtrackers so I did a search. I see that they have three pretty serious looking rails.

I also read a little into a thread regarding a safety concern. I would link it here but there was a swear word in it. :madnote:

Do a search for "WARNING!! Snow Trackers Dangerous!!! 3rd accident!".

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I have had snowtrackers (semi aggressive) on my ace tnt for 4 seasons and previously on a nytro for 3 seasons and absolutely love them and would never go back. Best runner system I have ever used. Easy steering and no darting and they wear quite well. Got 7900 kms on my previous set.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I have never heard of snowtrackers so I did a search. I see that they have three pretty serious looking rails.

I also read a little into a thread regarding a safety concern. I would link it here but there was a swear word in it. :madnote:

They did not know it at the time that you couldn't put the old Apex snowtrackers on the newer 2011 Apex ski. The new 2011 ski had mounting points that sat further forward vs the older Apex ski and required a different carbide part number.

Moving any carbide forward on a ski too far will make it unstable! As you turn the ski the front will grab and steer in a much more aggressive manner. It will try and rip the bars from your hands and turn even sharper.

Anyone that has run the proper part number snowtrackers on their ski-doo knows that they are the best carbides made to date. A few have complained about pushing in the loose snow, but that is a trail seen again with any carbide on the Doo Pilot skis.

I use the Aggressives on my 1200 with great success like many others. Makes riding much more enjoyable. Expensive but worth ever penny!

No Darting, easy steering, last forever and they go where they are pointed!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Dave, I went through all that reading on HCS before i bought mine .I did not believe that about people getting thrown off the sled (they were yamaha sleds )They worked fine on my 1200 with only one bad thing.The would get rocks stuck in them when spring riding.Other than that they worked very well.I have a set of aggresive st's left from that sled and wanted to know if anyone had used them on a 900.

Thanks yeller.I was wondering how the aggressive would work on a much lighter front end than my 1200 was.I am concerned that the aggressive might be too aggressive.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Dave, I went through all that reading on HCS before i bought mine .I did not believe that about people getting thrown off the sled (they were yamaha sleds )They worked fine on my 1200 with only one bad thing.The would get rocks stuck in them when spring riding.Other than that they worked very well.I have a set of aggresive st's left from that sled and wanted to know if anyone had used them on a 900.

Thanks yeller.I was wondering how the aggressive would work on a much lighter front end than my 1200 was.I am concerned that the aggressive might be too aggressive.
Knapp, you and i were typing at the same time.
Yes I see that. Put those Aggressives on and smile!

Then you can also get back to tuning the suspension as JUST a suspension and get the ride back rather than tuning it for darting/hard/pushing front end.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
KnappAttack, on 11 Jan 2016 - 09:18 AM, said:KnappAttack, on 11 Jan 2016 - 09:18 AM, said:

I use the Aggressives on my 1200 with great success like many others. Makes riding much more enjoyable. Expensive but worth ever penny!

No Darting, easy steering, last forever and they go where they are pointed!
Snow trackers are what I am considering for part 2 the "rider confidence package" that I am putting together for her Gade. I just installed the 1.6 Ice cobra track to help minimize sliding around and now on to the steering. I've been considering dooly bars or Bergstrom triples as well.

My questions

1) on the trackers is what sort of schooling do you need to give inexperienced riders as far as crossing railrods etc? I have the lower braces installed already and just picked up the uppers as well, but I hate to see he snag something that a normal bar would just pop over.

2) What do you run in the outer slots on the pilots? Right now I have the OE bars moved out there.

3) Semi aggressive or aggressive?

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Snow trackers are what I am considering for part 2 the "rider confidence package" that I am putting together for her Gade. I just installed the 1.6 Ice cobra track to help minimize sliding around and now on to the steering. I've been considering dooly bars or Bergstrom triples as well.

My questions

1) on the trackers is what sort of schooling do you need to give inexperienced riders as far as crossing railrods etc? I have the lower braces installed already and just picked up the uppers as well, but I hate to see he snag something that a normal bar would just pop over.

2) What do you run in the outer slots on the pilots? Right now I have the OE bars moved out there.

3) Semi aggressive or aggressive?
Dooly's push bad in the corners, but steer easy. Bergstroms, well they push still dart and turn hard if adding any ski pressure, way overpriced and overated IMO.

I have both I could sell ya! Have Dueces and Slim Jims here too! Trust me I've tried all the anti darting carbides and they all have compromise where the Snowtrackers do not. There are the best I have ran to date!

1. As for schooling, same as any carbide. Cross RR track at right angle is all.

2. No need for anything in outers on skis with trackers.

3. I'd only do the Aggressives on any sled. I've heard the Semis tend to push quite a bit, but Aggressives turn real easy!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Any suggestions on preferred vendor/good price?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Trackers ordered-aggressive

Will I be removing the skis to install? I assume yes.

I have Bergstrom's shims under the rubbers. From what I have read it looks like I may want to remove them?

There are only 800 miles on my shapers so I may wait to do the install until the snow conditions get better, but I like to have a plan for when I do dive into it.

·
Premium Member
Expy 600R SE
3,632 Posts
Trackers ordered-aggressive

Will I be removing the skis to install? I assume yes.

I have Bergstrom's shims under the rubbers. From what I have read it looks like I may want to remove them?

There are only 800 miles on my shapers so I may wait to do the install until the snow conditions get better, but I like to have a plan for when I do dive into it.
Yes take ski off to install and drill holes according to directions. I would not shim the skis and I try to keep ski as straight as possible with NO toe at all. I have used the semi aggressive on my 900 rene and really liked them and also on my 900 shorty. But now I have tried them on my 1200 and not sure about the semi aggressive so I am going to the aggressive trackers. Just a matter of them coming to my door. I am sure you are going to like them well. One set I have has over 3500 miles on and am sure I will easy get 5000 miles out of them and maybe even more.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Well trackers are on. I left the OE bars in the outer keel for now. I don't see how this can hurt?

I hate to reinstall, but I do see where a single keel would be nice.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You might want to ask the distributor about running the outside runner.His name is mike and he made the you tube vids.and he lives in maine and he told me not to run the outside carbide on my 1200 with the aggressive trackers.I filled the holes by using nuts and bolts and washers.maybe it won't hurt to leave them on but you really should ask him.or ask the wuestion through the ST site.

good luck

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Short run of 23 miles, but she had no complaints whatsoever and she also commented about how good it steered on hard surface. I did not get a chance to ride it. Trails were fresh groomed. Upright seated leisurely pace.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Short run of 23 miles, but she had no complaints whatsoever and she also commented about how good it steered on hard surface. I did not get a chance to ride it. Trails were fresh groomed. Upright seated leisurely pace.
Just about anything will steer good on a hard surface, or did she mean not darting on a hard surface?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts