Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting a different track on my wife's '17 900. New to 4 strokes. I want to tip sled on it's side to get the drive shaft and suspension in. Sled will proly sit back down for a few days before I start it. Is this ok? I know it's a dry sump system just not sure about oil leaking or getting somewhere it's not supposed to be. Also, if sled gets stuck say at a 45 degree angle off the side of trail does it need to be shut down right away? Thanks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just had my GT 900 on its side for day. Was also changing oil so I drained the oil before rolling it. When I rolled it back I pulled drain plugs again let it sit over night to make sure got all oil out. Refilled and fired it up

·
Registered
6,085 Posts
Lay it on it's right side, exhaust side down.

Bob

·
Keeping Skioutty on his toes...
2017 Ski doo Renegade 900...2022 Polaris Indy 137 XC 650
31,141 Posts
It won't bother the sled at all to leave it tipped over for a couple days on its side... If you tip it over while it's running you do want to shut it off...

·
Registered
535 Posts
I had mine sitting on it's side for 2 months doing the track swap and suspension rebuild while waiting for parts and free time to get up to the garage to work on it....

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had mine sitting on it's side for 2 months doing the track swap and suspension rebuild while waiting for parts and free time to get up to the garage to work on it....
Is that on a post through the riser or is it resting on that concrete ledge in the background?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts