Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I"ve got a 90 safari LXE, and it doesn"t seem to have the power it should have.I swear it would"nt even spin the track on take off. The carbs have been cleaned, and I"ve tried 3 or 4 sets of Br9es plugs. It"s also real hard on fuel, REAL hard. Should I be looking at clutch cleaning?, or perhaps it time for a timeing check?I"m at my wits end. Maybe I"m spoiled by my 7500,or my venture 600, but this is driving me nuts Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
danmansjimmy said:
check compression and jetting make sure it is right, what motor is in it??
[snapback]293413[/snapback]​
Hi guys. I"M not sure whats in it for a motor, I think it"s a 436?. Anyway the gearing would be stock, but I think a compression check is in order. The carbs were supposed to have been done before I bought it, but who knows. I bought it f rom an aquaintence of mine, and I took him at his word on that. Caveat emptor!! Thanks for the ideas, I"LL give them a try, and post results.

·
Registered
414 Posts
check compression then jetting, never take someones word that carbs were done it just a selling point to make it seem that much better

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good advice, and you"re absoultely right about the selling point thing. It was no doubt helped by the fact that they were done by a one time Ski-doo dealer. Live and learn I guess.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Besides compression check, I would do a "leak down" check. This gives a much more
accurate picture of that cylinders condition, any deviation of 10% or more means there
is a problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts