Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 860 etec only running on one cylinder , just replaced reeds, it has good spark, checked compression it was 150, tested fuel pump it's good, the cylinder is getting fuel , pulled plug cleaned it up , ran sled on one cylinder, pulled plug again an its wet, tells me it's getting fuel, any ideas what iam missing here?

·
Premium Member
27,928 Posts
Check the plugs closely to make sure the spark isn't jumping from the ground electrode to the ceramic insulator around the center electrode. I use a magnifying glass which gives a much better look and allows me to compare spark strength between PTO and MAG more easily. I have the tool but I find a visual check is so much faster. I also check for any arching along the plug wires and coils. Easy to do at night with the lights out. If the spark is good then it is either getting too much or too little fuel. You can use the palm of your hand to block the carburetor intake and see if it is getting too little fuel, and spray gas into the carburetor to see if it is not getting enough. It is a lot easier than it sounds and this is the easy part as it takes roughly 15 min to find the problem. The hard part is finding the cause and repairing it, but you are halfway there once you know the problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts