Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 177 Posts

· Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man, I wish my restorations had the same pace...What's your trick to find that much time available...?
I am retired from Pratt & Whitney with 39 years starting as a mechanic and retiring as a maintenance data engineer working with airlines, FAA, and Boeing/Airbus. I now just work one day a week as an EMT so my time is spent golfing and working on whatever I want. Lol. I would really like to finish the 86 before the snow melts next spring.

· Registered
5,401 Posts
Curt I love it. I take forever to do one, in the same time you churned out four.....and always have scraps and left overs for me!

I just finished my 72 tnt, so back onto the Plus X. I have a feeling I will be needing more items LOL!

· Registered
2020 Enduro 900NA, 2022 Enduro 900NA, 2016 Adrenaline 800
795 Posts
Season 3 Trailer

“See curta3531 take on his biggest challenge yet.

Man……

Vs Machine.

Who will prevail?

Find out, here on Season 3 of

“PRS Zombies - Rise Again”. “

I can’t wait to see how this turns out!

Best thread on dooTalk.

· Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don’t want an old school paper one? There’s one on Ebay.
Just an hour ago, I found a paper one packed in a box of miscellaneous stuff. I like a pdf so that I can highlight and mark the parts relative to their status rather than marking an original paper catalog. The heat exchangers are now removed and tomorrow hopefully the pan will be removed as well the tunnel. My powder coater said he has time for it.

I have not had much time to do much else around the house lately.
Window Building Plant Tree Wood

· Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So today the heat exchangers are removed, flushed. cleaned and ready for installation. The pan is removed, and it will need the same reinforcement at the bottom of the control arm openings as did the 85. And after drilling 108 rivets, the tunnel is also removed. I still need to remove the rear bumper and the rear bulkhead. Hopefully off to the powder coat guy Friday. Still sorting out 86 parts from the 92 parts. Those that are common, the better parts go to the 86.

This sled was definitely powder coated after the tunnel was attached to the frame.

Wood Gas Machine Metal Wire
Automotive tire Tread Wood Tire Automotive wheel system

Wood Building Window Gas Concrete
Road surface Asphalt Wood Automotive exterior Gas

And no, the wife is not happy about me not getting things done around the house...

Nose Cheek Lip Chin Eyebrow

1 - 20 of 177 Posts