Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
boost junkie
10,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
haha, everyone need a turbo that does not make any boost!

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
64403cc0c28054d1c99b923277b6dc4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
boost junkie
10,601 Posts
for us flatlanders it makes none.....165hp all the time :rofl

at 8000ft about 40hp ... :zzz

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
One word, "warranty." Two words, "mountain only."

Reactions: kingofthehillpg

·
boost junkie
10,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so the mods pin the 850t garbage to the top of the 900t forum but we cant talk about it over there

this was posted in the 900t forum

looks like must be paid advertisement...lol

Reactions: landodude

·
Metalhead
9,088 Posts
Hmm..the tradition is to run around 7~8 yrs for a platform.

03~07, blend into 08 for REV chassis.

08~16, blend into 17 for XP/XM chassis

17~24 for the G4 chassis and 2025 blend into the G5 chassis.

Since common for BRP telling people in their marketing, a lot of testing is done 5 yrs prior, then I bet 165hp is the start to feel out the market. And then when the G5 comes out, up to 180hp on pump gas;

I bet the "target" is 180 hp down the line. Have to keep the market always coming back, wanting a little bit more potency (heroin dealer...haha)

When BRP has 180hp which i was hoping for, that's when i'll scoop one. Till then... :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
180hp ..You would really pay +/- 3000$ over an expert for 180hp and a turbo ? If peeps are getting an honest 10 hp out of their pipe system i'm sure doo can reach 180hp na with the current engine package.....Aslong as they arent able to put out something that can run on pump gaz @ 7-8 psi with a 30-40% hp increase it is not worth it in my book for us eastern peeps ....Now poo and cat have to make one asap cuz turn key mountain riders just got one option right now....

·
Metalhead
9,088 Posts
Clutching is about 60~66% efficient. [estimated median 63%]
IF 850cc engine is pumping out 160hp, THEN estimated 101hp to track.
IF 927cc engine is pumping out 175hp, THEN estimated 110hp to track. [$2450 USD (3201 CAD), +Tx [ontario tax @ $416 CAD] + ship[$100 CAD] = $3717.00 [no warranty]

IF 850cc engine is pumping out 160hp, THEN estimated 101hp to track. [$16,249]
IF 850eT engine is pumping out 180hp, THEN estimated 113hp to track. [$20,599, $4300 over 850NA (CAD)] [4yr warranty]

Hmm...

·
Registered
124 Posts
While 4# of boost isn't all that much, what aftermarket mods can you do to get 40hp at 8000 ft? An aftermarket turbo is the only other option. Then you have fuel issues, support issues no warranty. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I wasn't sitting on a new 2020 freeride right now.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Something is sideways on Doo's pricing! doo website says 18100 USD +PDI and freight, but the DOO utube vid said 20500CDN +PDI and Freight?? 18100 usd @1.31 exchange rate=23771 cdn so wth? Why wouldn't americans buy it in Canada and take it to the US and save over a thousand bucks??

This sled in Canada after all the BS fees, taxes and a couple goodies because you have to have some, will probably be over 27k (CDN) out the door :eek: :wacko_old: :unsure: hmmm thats a lot of coin not to have 40HP extra ALL the time as you would running a boondocker or silber turbo, but no blended fuel and a year warranty (more years will cost you more $) still too much money for most folks like me but hey I got two kidney's, anyone need a kidney?? :p

·
Registered
707 Posts
My local dealer said $20,599CAD plus the freight, PDI and GST. No PST here.

Maybe Trumps tariffs bumped the USD pricing????

I was thinking the same thing, For nearly $24K not a chance........less than $21K that is way more feasible and practical. For anyone that rides low and high elevation its perfect. Stock power at home and good power in the hills. Not changing fuel/race fuel ratios depending on where you are running. Clutching will a lot more constant. If you had a dedicated mountain sled and didn't mind the hassle of adding race fuel then more power to made with an aftermarket kit but thats also not for everyone. I believe this will be a great option for the majority of riders out there.

·
Grand PuPa!
678 Posts
Actually it does. I would suggest looking at the data again. :madnote:

A full 165hp up tp 8,000'. And 40+ hp more than a normal aspired 850 above 8,000'.

I realize this means nothing to someone who lives @ about 1,000' in Michigan .

BRP did not build this sled to be a barn burner. Or a lake racer. Sorry....

Normally aspired engines looses 3% hp per 1,000' in elevation. That's just plan physics.

So if your went out west to 8,000' your 850 would put out only 115-119hp.

This Summit 850 Turbo @ 8,000' would put out 165hp. And about 40+ more hp that a non turbo 850 at elevations above that.

That is a huge deal for the riders out west!

This 850 Turbo sled is built to be reliable and fun in the mountains. This sled is a turn key operation. Just fill the gas & oil & off ya go!

Unlike other turbo kits, you never have to fiddle with or fine tune this one. EVER! :happydance

People I have talked to that have seat time on the prototypes say with BIG SMILES this sled is a game changer!.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I'm snow checking one for sure. People that think 4 LB of boost up top will make no difference obviously don't have much time in the mountains. I ride only the mountains and have been waiting for this stock turbo for a long time. I've also ran a After market turbo and 3GS is nothing compared to running that. Cost of aftermarket turbo, days wasted tuning it and days wasted because of break downs we're just part of the turbo game. Boost and warranty, WOW. I'm in.
For the flat landers you will get boost on a shortie next year or year after. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts