Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find it hard to believe that Rotax / Skidoo spent all the money to develop a new engine for just the mountain segment. Some form of this turbo 850 makes its way to trail sleds in the next year or two!! I know the engine isn't boosting at sea level but I believe we see a new Mach Z 850etec turbo next season!! That produces boost for flatlanders with hp in the 185 range. I hope I'm right!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
NO, NO, and NO. Boosting a 2-stroke at sea level is a disaster waiting to happen and Doo is not going to fudge up the Mach Z name like it did the last time. IF, and that's a big IF, we ever see it again it will be a larger displacement 2-stroke or boosted 4 stroke. I'm sure there is a very good reason why the 850 turbo doesn't make a single hp more at sea level. It's design is to maintain the existing power, not increase it.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Sorry but no way, no how, never gonna happen. If the engine could handle that level of power reliably, and on pump gas, don't you think BRP would have bumped the HP at sea level already for this new sled? Never going to happen with a factory warranty but it can be fun to dream.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Sorry but no way, no how, never gonna happen. If the engine could handle that level of power reliably, and on pump gas, don't you think BRP would have bumped the HP at sea level already for this new sled? Never going to happen with a factory warranty but it can be fun to dream.
That's not a dream, that's a nightmare. Who wants a super unreliable turbo'd 2-stroke muscle sled??? And yes, it will be unreliable compared to it's competition. Yeah sure, sign me up for a sled that you have to pay $0.70+ per gallon more for fuel, carry oil, not last more than 10k miles and make less power than a boosted 4-stroke. For the mountains, great. For trails, what's the point?

·
Banned
7,722 Posts
I find it hard to believe that Rotax / Skidoo spent all the money to develop a new engine for just the mountain segment. Some form of this turbo 850 makes its way to trail sleds in the next year or two!! I know the engine isn't boosting at sea level but I believe we see a new Mach Z 850etec turbo next season!! That produces boost for flatlanders with hp in the 185 range. I hope I'm right!!

:lol:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NO MARKET
I disagree. I think that if Doo were to offer the turbo 850 in the crossover segment and trail segment as a spring order sled only people would buy it. They will tweak this motor so it makes reliable boosted power at sea level and guys that want the fastest and most powerful two stroke available will buy it. Why not call it a Mach Z. It sure would have me thinking about buying one. Maybe not year 1 but if it shakes out ok and they build it right id pony up for one year two, just because the more power the better! Will I need it? NO. Will I want it YES!!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'd order one tomorrow If it was available....

Also I would disagree about the market I can't be the only one who would want one. Might need studs tho. Lol. Lots of em. Besides there's already a market for turbo trail sleds the 850t would be the new best option in a market that already exists

*sure I could boost one myself but I want to
Buy one from factory with warranty!!

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Well over 50% of sleds sold by brp are mountain sleds that’s why they spend all there r&d on mountain segments. When there’s no one buying trail sleds because of low snow dealers are already sold out of summits . My dealer was aloud 5 2020.5 summit turbos he sold 4 before lunch yesterday and kept one for demo . I know for sure if they had 5 Mach z 850 turbos with a 129” they would still have them this time next year . I wish the trail guys could get them don’t get me wrong . Every business puts focus on what sells and what is the strongest market that’s just good business. I’m sure trail segment will get something this year

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
what specifically are the weak points that would need to be fixed to make the 850 reliable at lets say, 15 lbs boost? Are we talking full bottom end? crank? rods?? cooling? what would be considdered reliable, 10k miles?? get specific, it will become the list that is worked on towards the goal of getting it to reality.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
You've been had by snowtrax Television lol. Not happening.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Can someone please give me the justification for the never ending saga to have something labeled Mach Z? Cool sled for sure, good power. But, is there a justifiable market need that has not already been covered by the 900T other than someone wanting to go 4x faster than the 2x faster they already go on the trails.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts