Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I was reading in the mountain section and someone posted that the 850 got the jump on the 800 going up a hill every time no matter if the 850 rider was heavier or not. They went on to say that the gap established at the start did not increase. It remained the same diststance the rest of the way up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was reading in the mountain section and someone posted that the 850 got the jump on the 800 going up a hill every time no matter if the 850 rider was heavier or not. They went on to say that the gap established at the start did not increase. It remained the same diststance the rest of the way up.
This video seems to show the opposite. The 850 appears to be pulling away from the 800 the entire video..

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
This is what I read:

Now, we did drag race, I will get a vid as soon as I can on here. This was on icy hard snow, 9700ft elevation on a slope that climbed 500 vert and was 1/4 long pull. This what we saw after several rounds with people switching sleds. The 17 got a sled length to a half sled length holeshot everytime, didn't matter the rider on it. Once it had the holeshot the 17, 15(T3163), 16(163) and 14(154) xms all pulled the hill at the same speed, meaning nobody pulled ahead of another once holeshot was established. The 17 track has flat tipped lugs so it may of been getting a little less traction on these extreme snow conditions as well, and I was told the 17 overall has a slightly lower gear ration then the 16 and 15 T3 163's.

The thread is titled "G4 Impressions".

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
That vid is in the same thread. Here is what he said after viewing it:

Thats a little different from what we saw drag racing, we didn't have any fresh snow to speak of, this makes me more excited. I could give a rats about how well it climbs on hardpack, its all about how this track does in fresh snow IMHO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts