Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start off by saying how disappointed I am in Doo. I have been riding doo since leaving cat back in 2003 for the original rev.

I'm sure the new chassis and engine will be amazing... However after looking at the package there is a lot missing from the X! Here is where the disappointment comes from.

-No adjustable front shocks.
- missing clutch clicker adjustment standard. Which its been since the tra came out

The only three benefits the X has over the tnt are:
Better steering
Adjustable bar position
And the optional 700 ts skis and QA rear only c36

This sled isn't inexpensive but for the "all new gen" there's no value. I can deal with the missing xrs. In the past I normally buy an X and deal with the fact that next year I would have to move up to an xrs anyway.

Over the past few years as market share increased I have felt the price premium and stripping of features which you would then need to add from the accessories catalog list. I get it your number one and you deserve a premium for the best available product but your going to far.

I buy a new sled some times two each year, but I'm sitting this year out. I doubt doo even cares as most will buy the new sled just because but for the guys who pay for the latest with this one much is missing. The old style still available X has adjustable shocks, clickers on the clutch and the 850 doesn't that's just bad!

Let's hope they add some of the good stuff back for 18 and or don't gut the rest of the line up just because the motor has an extra 10 hp!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
The new 850 summit has quick clickers :) i bet they work gooooodddd tooo ;) and complaining about x package shocks? Comeon now, thats soooo 2009.... all x package shocks are garbage and should be replaced with evol x's anyway, soo problem solved.

I personally am pumped for the new chassis and cant wait to get mine in the garage to begin tearing it apart for fun. Ditch all the sound foam and extra plastic crap they always put in there. Peel off all the dumb stickers. Fix the typical ratsnest of wires doo has going on with the bars/risers. Ditch the goofy mtn strap and put a bar pad on it. Then decide what to start drilling random holes in first. God i love new iron!!!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
No, I don't believe the MXZX has clickers of any type on the clutch. However they are available in the accessory catalog for $80. Not too bad but we are used to them coming standard. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Doo has a lot of confidence in the wide torque band of this engine. I would guess that is the reason for not including the clickers on the clutch. The biggest advantage to them is adjustability in different snow conditions to keep you at peak Torque. If the torque curve of this motor is as great as I'm reading, this may not be an issue.

I agree with the argument of missing adjustment on the front shocks. I would like to have that but overall, it's not a deal breaker for me. I am a little surprised with the rear shock. It is a 36 and I believe on the current X package it is a 40. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm still on the fence about it and have till this weekend to make up my mind. Dealer quoted me a very fair price considering its a limit d build. To be fair to him, I will not post the price given.

·
Super Moderator
29,363 Posts
Other than the missing (for now) front clickers and maybe the P-drive clickers what's not to like?

For $200 more than the '16 you get an all new engine, an all new chassis, an all new clutch, and an all new steering system - and that's what I can think of off the top of my head. And the clutch clicker issue can be fixed for $80.00.

I don't see a disappointment, I see a home run.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm pumped also.

I think it's the MXZX Gen 4 platform and 850 engine development way overshadows any clicker issues so there is no disappointment here.

Clutch clickers are available through parts as "an add on" if you don't feel the computer control of the power curve isn't dialled in.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Air shocks ride poorly vs a coil shock anyway so clearly your good with a poor ride.... As for adding shocks to the sled I've done that before with help from monster but the stock shocks on the 17 are low rent period for a high end sled. Customize the sled if you want but facts are facts these are tnt shocks that are now standard issue on the X. If this is somehow a plus please explain it 2joke800!

X package have come with c36 which isn't a bad shock it's the other three that join this shock that are disappointing.

Love the idea of gen 4 but let's be honest they gutted some of the equipment that consumers expect.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The MXZX 850 should have premium shocks, black rails,blk spindles,and blk riser. The TNT looks better at $850.00 less.IMO I have had 11 BCX and 13 BCX and I too expected the better shocks.I also think a more aggressive track should be offered for both models.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The mxzx keeps getting more and more watered down every year. Remember back in the day, pre xrs and rs...it was their race sled. Now it comes calibrated like a grand touring of yesteryear, lost identity and now a couch. Lost is the whooped up trail, ditch capable machine it once was.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Air shocks ride poorly vs a coil shock anyway so clearly your good with a poor ride.... As for adding shocks to the sled I've done that before with help from monster but the stock shocks on the 17 are low rent period for a high end sled. Customize the sled if you want but facts are facts these are tnt shocks that are now standard issue on the X. If this is somehow a plus please explain it 2joke800!

X package have come with c36 which isn't a bad shock it's the other three that join this shock that are disappointing.

Love the idea of gen 4 but let's be honest they gutted some of the equipment that consumers expect.

A poor ride from some fox evol x's?!? Ha, not happening. You must not know much about fox. You are crying about no adjustability and then say one of the most adjustable shocks ever produced gives a poor ride. You are funny. Im done, you can go back to whining about how doo didnt give you everything you had hoped for now.

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
Does the TNT get the premium gauge?
According to the spec sheet, yes it does. The only two things listed that the x has over the tnt is the 36 clicker rear shock and the adjustable riser. Some say the rack steering, but that remains to be seen. I would be surprised if they tooled up for two steering systems. Hopefully the front clicker shocks will be added. I agree the x should get powder coated rails and spindles over the tnt. And the track choices are a joke. Otherwise great sled, can't wait.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Agree. Spec's show premium gauge cluster on the TNT and it seems like the better deal for this season unless dealers are offering a slightly better discount on the X model. I would want the TNT just for the black tunnel. White gets scuffed up and looks bad really quick.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
According to the spec sheet, yes it does. The only two things listed that the x has over the tnt is the 36 clicker rear shock and the adjustable riser. Some say the rack steering, but that remains to be seen. I would be surprised if they tooled up for two steering systems. Hopefully the front clicker shocks will be added. I agree the x should get powder coated rails and spindles over the tnt. And the track choices are a joke. Otherwise great sled, can't wait.
Spec sheet lists premium cluster like X. Build it and it site specs say it doesn't have multi function cluster.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
The X steering is worth getting over TNT pitman arm.

I think more premium stuff should be offered standard and having less models would be more profitable due to manufacturing and marketing simplicity. I am also sure simplicity would also generate more sales.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
I was looking at the TnT and X this morning. Spec sheet does state multifunction gauge on both TnT and X. The only difference I came up with between the two are the pictures on the TnT And X webpages. Also under each photo of the gauge cluster the TnT states Analog gauge where as the X states digital and analog. ?????

In any event I deleted my prior post since I don't want to start bad info.

If the TnT has the same gauge it will be a tougher decision since the only thing I really care about that the TnT doesn't have is the C36 rear shock. TnT with powder coated rails and spindles, black tunnel also is a plus for me.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts