Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing if anyone has been following the release of new mountain exhaust pipes and cans for the 850.

The GGB Mountain can was released last season and was too loud in my opinion.

Interested in SLP and/or Straight Line Performance full exhausts.

Or just anything that it reasonably priced and sounds clean.

What else is out there?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Diamond S makes a titanium can that is fairly quiet. Not cheap though $500ish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Ukranian Mafia
5,538 Posts
I've been pretty happy with my Jaws Trail can...not too loud, but still plenty of bark. Considering the exchange, great deal for you guys down South.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Seeing if anyone has been following the release of new mountain exhaust pipes and cans for the 850.

The GGB Mountain can was released last season and was too loud in my opinion.

Interested in SLP and/or Straight Line Performance full exhausts.

Or just anything that it reasonably priced and sounds clean.

What else is out there?
We also have a Trail can for the 850. Our mountain can on the 850 is loud.

Mountain Can:

https://snowexhaust.ggb.ca/en/snowmobile/135-2017-ski-doo-gen-4-850-e-tec-mountain-muffler.html

Trail Can:

https://snowexhaust.ggb.ca/en/snowmobile/160-2017-ski-doo-gen-4-850-trail-muffler.html

Fuel and clutching mods are not necessary prior to installation. GGB two stroke mufflers are flow benched developed for back pressure against the stock muffler and will perform efficiently in any application where the stock muffler would be used. Both Mountain and Trail models are guaranteed to provide performance levels as good as or better than stock.

·
Vendor
4,818 Posts
SPI trail- best bang for the buck

HPS- best mountain

DynoPort- best options (loud/quiet)

step one- does the muffler builder have a flow bench and a dyno to verify his work??

the 3 I listed are proven performers-BJ

·
Registered
282 Posts
SPI trail- best bang for the buck
HPS- best mountain
DynoPort- best options (loud/quiet)

step one- does the muffler builder have a flow bench and a dyno to verify his work??

the 3 I listed are proven performers-BJ
Dynoport cans have my interest, looks like they drop about as much or more weight than any.

What's the consensus on the Mountain Light vs Big Core?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Im going Big Core....the mountain lite seems really loud.

·
Registered
849 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
For guys in Albert specialty sled makes a good can for the 850. My buddy ran it last year and I will be running it this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
4,818 Posts
Dynoport cans have my interest, looks like they drop about as much or more weight than any.

What's the consensus on the Mountain Light vs Big Core?
I prefer the big core barker for light/loud...

have them in stock-BJ

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ran the HPS all last season with no issues. It has a nice bark when you're on it and not overly loud when cruising.

·
"The most hated man on DooTalk"
20,506 Posts
A few guys I ride with have HPS cans on their 850's. They had to add a little weight to the primary and were very happy.

Personally the only "can" I'll be adding is a turbo. Not worth the weight/loss versus money spent. Call me old at an advanced age of 30 :lol:, but my sleds have always been loud, I kind of like the quietness of a stocker. The 850 sounds mean with the stock set up anyways.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The "Thing" cooker on my XM. Just as quiet at idle, a bit louder when above 5500 rpm. Some dummies asked if it was turbo once. But most really like the decibel level and sound. + the super cooker!!! If I wasn't going turbo this year, that would be my choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Already ordered the GGB mountain can for mine..... loud cans save lives folks, this is a basic fact.... like a living creature needing oxygen to breathe

Reactions: Steelman
1 - 20 of 22 Posts