Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
hater on all xrs and freeride owners that drive li
2,307 Posts
Cause if you listen to nimrodnona it doesnt need the 174 because the 165 laid a track up the mountain that couldnt be followed by a 174 t3. But that was shortly after saying the freeride was a 174 so maybe it was a 154 2.5 that had to turn out trying to follow the 165's trail

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
From the sound of things the 165 is a RUNNER! I would think the new G4 is that much more efficient.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Because if you do the math it would either be a 172, or a 175.5. Which ever one it is, it'll be on mine when it's available if it can't beat the 174's with the 165 track.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Because if you do the math it would either be a 172, or a 175.5. Which ever one it is, it'll be on mine when it's available if it can't beat the 174's with the 165 track.
Where have you been?????

Anyhow, it's already an accomplishment to add a new chassis and new motor at the same time. Now limiting the release to the 153/165 can be for a number of reasons but that's like throwing all your eggs in one basket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
695 Posts
Where have you been?????

Anyhow, it's already an accomplishment to add a new chassis and new motor at the same time. Now limiting the release to the 153/165 can be for a number of reasons but that's like throwing all your eggs in one basket.

Haha, busy life I guess. Working too much and not playing enough. And when I'm playing, I'm pounding the AXYS's with the old iron. And getting edged out by the 174's. Sounds like you're having a great year, good on you!

·
Registered
703 Posts
From the sound of things the 165 is a RUNNER! I would think the new G4 is that much more efficient.
Currently the people I keep hearing that from are all currently associated with Doo.

So I take it with a grain of salt.

I think It all looks good, some great improvements.

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Currently the people I keep hearing that from are all currently associated with Doo.
So I take it with a grain of salt.

I think It all looks good, some great improvements.
True, and definitely will and do

·
Registered
401 Posts
There are scenarios where a t3 163 will out climb a 174. It's all about track speed. So I can see the 165 with more power and torque with more track speed and less weight out climbing the 174. Just the reduction in rotating mass will make a huuuuge difference. They lost 2.8 lbs off the clutch and 10 lbs off the track. That's a ton of energy that can now go to the snow.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Cause if you listen to nimrodnona it doesnt need the 174 because the 165 laid a track up the mountain that couldnt be followed by a 174 t3. But that was shortly after saying the freeride was a 174 so maybe it was a 154 2.5 that had to turn out trying to follow the 165's trail
Thanks for the new nickname, there is no 174 in the new chassis because there is no time to calibrate it. I to was disappointed as the 174 is my favourite sled. I have yet to see where a T3 163 out climbs a T3 174(since I have both) and it is not about track speed it is about traction. This 165 is a beast and is basically like a 174 with more, the 3.5 inch pitch i think makes the biggest difference as it grips the snow way better by getting into the snow where a 3.0 pitch sits on the snow a bit more. We are not told what to say and if we lied you would find out pretty quick, so the fact I have had a job like this for over 25 years proves we don't need to lie, we are riders just like everyone else and I am personally lucky to get to ride many sleds before they are released and you have to be very diligent to find the pros and con's. I was the first to say, if the sled was going to have a de-tune switch, the sled is that powerful and it is very fast, if you get behind it, the consequences can be big. Never seen a freeride in 174, you were probably mistaken or I was so excited that I said something wrong, happens all the time when your life is as good as it gets(for me) Happy Riding

·
Registered
703 Posts
Thanks for the new nickname, there is no 174 in the new chassis because there is no time to calibrate it. I to was disappointed as the 174 is my favourite sled. I have yet to see where a T3 163 out climbs a T3 174(since I have both) and it is not about track speed it is about traction. This 165 is a beast and is basically like a 174 with more, the 3.5 inch pitch i think makes the biggest difference as it grips the snow way better by getting into the snow where a 3.0 pitch sits on the snow a bit more. We are not told what to say and if we lied you would find out pretty quick, so the fact I have had a job like this for over 25 years proves we don't need to lie, we are riders just like everyone else and I am personally lucky to get to ride many sleds before they are released and you have to be very diligent to find the pros and con's. I was the first to say, if the sled was going to have a de-tune switch, the sled is that powerful and it is very fast, if you get behind it, the consequences can be big. Never seen a freeride in 174, you were probably mistaken or I was so excited that I said something wrong, happens all the time when your life is as good as it gets(for me) Happy Riding
Don't take this wrong, I do not like starting that way, alas, proving my point you have had a job like that for over 25 years, That is fantastic! It is indicative of you being great at it, and it is a plus you love it, and I envy you in that respect because from the outside it appears to be pretty cool, and from the video's I have seen, I believe you are a good representative for DOO.

Now being good at your job is also what is perceived as bad by some, me being one of them. If you were to come out and say in a public forum "this doesn't work, and doing this would have been better", I believe your 25 years of this type of work may have been littered with more employers. I understand, the reason you have great success is because you believe in and are good at being an advocate for the brand, would you be able say the same if you were critical of it?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Don't take this wrong, I do not like starting that way, alas, proving my point you have had a job like that for over 25 years, That is fantastic! It is indicative of you being great at it, and it is a plus you love it, and I envy you in that respect because from the outside it appears to be pretty cool, and from the video's I have seen, I believe you are a good representative for DOO.

Now being good at your job is also what is perceived as bad by some, me being one of them. If you were to come out and say in a public forum "this doesn't work, and doing this would have been better", I believe your 25 years of this type of work may have been littered with more employers. I understand, the reason you have great success is because you believe in and are good at being an advocate for the brand, would you be able say the same if you were critical of it?
Well I have worked with over 50 of some of the biggest companies in the world, the sled industry is a small part of what I am involved with, so not sure I can handle more of what I do. As I say I am just telling you my opinion, I am never going to satisfy everyone, that is something I know, however it seems many people think I am saying that you "need' this sled to have fun. I love the sled and all my opinions are personally mine. All my job is to let you know how I feel about the product, it is everyone's choice at what they buy. This happens every year. When the E-Teck came out in 2011, people said they did not believe it was as good as I say, then they rode it, in 2012 when I had the XM and people said it can't be as good as he says, then they rode it, same with the T3 in 2015 guys were calling me out on the weight saying I was lying, the pages went to over 17 until it came out and someone weighed it and it was lighter than they even thought, the same with this sled. If I lie to you and others, then my name is mud, I don't lie, I really don't have to, every sponsor I have had in the last 25 years which numbers over 50 companies was chosen and sought after, not resume blanketed. As I always say you are putting your believes on me, it may be what you might do(say things that are not true to get people to buy something) but it is not the way I do things. the proof is that you don't even know me, so how can you even have an idea how I do business. You can be critical of my work for sure and I welcome that but you will see here when guys get the chance to throw a leg over the new sled and they talk about it. Unfortunately I am the tag you have given me until it is proven wrong, I am sure I am glad I don't see the world that way. Cheers dave

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Your both not entirely correct.

It's about ground speed. Lol

The new 3.5" pitch may increase traction in certain snow conditions providing more ground speed.

Track speed is just that, it's the track spinning. If it's not hooking up it's not moving efficiently.

When the 174 came out everyone said it wouldn't work well with a stock motor. Proof was in the ground speed. The 174 may have had lower track speeds on the speedo than the 163 but the actual ground speed was higher with the added floatation.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm sure all of the changes are making this 165 be better.

I have a feeling the biggest part is that equation is the P Drive. It's no secret that TRA, while good in a lot of ways, doesn't have mechanical leverage like other clutch styles.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Well I have worked with over 50 of some of the biggest companies in the world, the sled industry is a small part of what I am involved with, so not sure I can handle more of what I do. As I say I am just telling you my opinion, I am never going to satisfy everyone, that is something I know, however it seems many people think I am saying that you "need' this sled to have fun. I love the sled and all my opinions are personally mine. All my job is to let you know how I feel about the product, it is everyone's choice at what they buy. This happens every year. When the E-Teck came out in 2011, people said they did not believe it was as good as I say, then they rode it, in 2012 when I had the XM and people said it can't be as good as he says, then they rode it, same with the T3 in 2015 guys were calling me out on the weight saying I was lying, the pages went to over 17 until it came out and someone weighed it and it was lighter than they even thought, the same with this sled. If I lie to you and others, then my name is mud, I don't lie, I really don't have to, every sponsor I have had in the last 25 years which numbers over 50 companies was chosen and sought after, not resume blanketed. As I always say you are putting your believes on me, it may be what you might do(say things that are not true to get people to buy something) but it is not the way I do things. the proof is that you don't even know me, so how can you even have an idea how I do business. You can be critical of my work for sure and I welcome that but you will see here when guys get the chance to throw a leg over the new sled and they talk about it. Unfortunately I am the tag you have given me until it is proven wrong, I am sure I am glad I don't see the world that way. Cheers dave
Dave I am not bashing you, and in no way trying to disrespect you, as I said I think you are doing a great job representing Doo.

In the most simplistic form your job is to represent and promote Ski-Doo and its products. Does that mean you are untruthful, not that I know personally, as you expressed I don't know you.

When information is reported the source has to be taken into consideration.

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
That is why I think the 165 is going to work very well. Skidoo did lots of things to improve ground speed this year.

Looking forward to getting on one. As well as next fall for the new one to show up.

·
Have been
5,940 Posts
Dave I am not bashing you, and in no way trying to disrespect you, as I said I think you are doing a great job representing Doo.

In the most simplistic form your job is to represent and promote Ski-Doo and its products. Does that mean you are untruthful, not that know personally, as you expressed I don't know you.

When information is reported the source has to be taken into consideration.
If you take store buy any body that is on the BRP pay roll you are a fool have you ever herd of a GM employee saying bad things about a Chevy, it is not going to happen!

There are some good features on the new skidoo but I would like to see some independent tests before I jump on board!

Skidoo had a big gap to meet the clutching advantage of the Polaris, the new engine is 2 hp more than the Arctic Cat that has 50 cc less!

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Why can't people just accept its a good sled?

I am not saying it might not have hiccups or flaws. They all do. I have been on another brand for two years and this new Rev has a lot going for it. I am not brand loyal anything and everyone should be able to see there is a lot of positives but even the Doo loyal guys have more complaints than anyone.

Doo riders have wanted a new chassis, wanted a new motor with more power, less weight, and it is released and it's not good enough. This forum and many of its members are ridiculous at times.

Lol.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts