Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much coolant for a 2019 850 with 137" track?

Also, I work at a Ford dealership. Wondering is I can use any of our coolants, specialty orange, gold or yellow. What temo rating does the BRP stuff come at? -40 C?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I’d try to figure out the characteristics in the coolant from BRP and Ford and compare. I don’t see how there could be that much difference in it. Unlike Diesel engines, I believe the coolant is different for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
30,516 Posts
Also, I work at a Ford dealership. Wondering is I can use any of our coolants, specialty orange, gold or yellow.
Probably one of them will do just fine. Which one, I don't know. It is a tough deal trying to find the spec that OEM powersports use. And I don't mean the SDS sheets because I have those already. So far I would not mix Polaris nor Ford Yellow with BRP coolants. I am wondering if the Ford Gold would be best to mix, but I do not know.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Look up Material Saftey Data Sheets for your Ford stuff and try to find the same for SkiDoo.

Friend of mine did this for SeaFoam then ordered the same spec product a drum for his parents marina saving them lots of money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts